VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

EngineerMK wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:47 pm I've had my S for 5 weeks now... the overall spec is close yours, also Gentian Blue with chrome highlights. 1500miles in I agree with most of your comments. I love the ACC and wouldn't buy a car with out it, I've had it on previous cars, and use it on every trip. The loadspace management system is used on every supermarket shopping trip to stop the groceries flying everywhere, a loose tin of white emulsion in a Mk 1 Golf taught me the importance of securing loads, it took a long time clean up! I have acoustically/thermally insulated glass (but not with privacy glass), it is slightly darker than standard glass, maybe thats why your privacy glass doesn't look dark as there is less of a contrast to standard glass.
I have to admit that at £250, compared to other Porsche options, the loadspace management system is a bargain and very useful, but I've rarely seen the inside of a supermarket car park.
The rear privacy glass is darker than the front glass, but I would guess only about 20% darker.
I might have to look at the handbook to set the ACC correctly.