TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

If you have a build slot, try including a PTS colour (if they do a satin one) and see what they say, probably cheaper than full PPF but might delay build?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:21 pm
MoonageMin wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:11 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:03 pm Re PPF, I have front end done but wouldn’t have it again. The problem is that it will scar with any larger stones that hit (still only small stones) and once the film is scarred it will not “self repair” and you are left with protected paint but a noticeable tear or hole in the film which can only be rectified by taking the PPF off!
Have come to the conclusion that touching up the paint is way cheaper than the PPF…
You have a habit of raising good points 😂

But shouldn’t the PPF warranty cover that and replace?

I was initially going to get it ceramic coated. Then realised you can get Satin PPF. So a unique paint job and paint protection all in one and then it started to make a bit more sense as the missus and I always fancied a Matte/Satin paint job.
Warranty covers peeling and discolouration not impact scarring unfortunately.
It’s also hideously expensive to get the whole car done maybe £7k?
I felt ceramic was worth it as it comes up very shiny even now a year later. The other thing to consider when PPF the whole car is that insurance companies are unlikely to cover you for it in the event of even a minor ding. I think that point has been discussed on here not too long ago 🤔
The OPC I am buying from quoted me £5k for the ppf, I thought that was quite reasonable.
I might ask the independent that they are out sourcing to for a quote to see how much they would charge, but if similar, I might just get it down through OPC so I can collect it with it all done.
If there is a price gap, might need to reconsider obviously.
Macan GTS - September build allocation
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Thank you everyone for all your advice. I have taken everything on board and deliberately carefully over each advice and feedback.
Please don’t be offended if your suggestion wasn’t reflected, I did opt for 18 way seats and took dipped mirrors off.

This will be my final locked spec, with the addition of XPEL Stealth PPF added on top which doesn’t show in the configurator. (FYI Stealth is Matte/Satin PPF and my car will end up as a Satin pearlescent Carrara White as a result).
PPF will also get a ceramic coating on top, including all windows, windscreens, alloys, and callipers. So I am expecting a nice leisurely car wash sessions on this. 😁

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRV5ZER4

Build date scheduled for 15th September, subject to potential delays but date is set and allocated so if all goes well, I should have it by October. Might just be the quickest possible order to delivery on a Porsche Macan GTS record!

Super excited, can’t wait and looking forward to having the vehicle in hand.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

MoonageMin wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:47 am Thank you everyone for all your advice. I have taken everything on board and deliberately carefully over each advice and feedback.
Please don’t be offended if your suggestion wasn’t reflected, I did opt for 18 way seats and took dipped mirrors off.

This will be my final locked spec, with the addition of XPEL Stealth PPF added on top which doesn’t show in the configurator. (FYI Stealth is Matte/Satin PPF and my car will end up as a Satin pearlescent Carrara White as a result).
PPF will also get a ceramic coating on top, including all windows, windscreens, alloys, and callipers. So I am expecting a nice leisurely car wash sessions on this. 😁

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRV5ZER4

Build date scheduled for 15th September, subject to potential delays but date is set and allocated so if all goes well, I should have it by October. Might just be the quickest possible order to delivery on a Porsche Macan GTS record!

Super excited, can’t wait and looking forward to having the vehicle in hand.
Congrats on locking it in, Roll on September !!
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

🤘🤘