2024 Macan GTS order. Well, Maybe

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

It's been a while but car related issues have started to bubble to the surface and demand my attention..

May consider ordering a new GTS. Current wait is around 6 months which surprises me as I thought it would be closer to 12!! Residual values on GTS are still strong which doesn't help when using my man maths formula as my car will be less than 2 years old should I press the go button. Big fly in the ointment however is that the current price of my car new is around £82k; £4k more than I paid. So man maths applied a new car will cost my car plus around £10-12k for a Brand new 2024 GTS. If I knew when Porsche were planning to cease production of the ICE Macan it would help as getting one of the last production models would probably make my decision easier.

Anyway, either way I've got a great car whether I change or not!!
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Only thing to look at is that if the ICE production stops when the EV is released, then you'd have bought a new GTS that should hold it's value well, and a nice 3 year warranty to boot.

I bought my Macan S based on this will probably be the last new ICE car I buy. I could have kept my X3 M40i as is had only 12,000 miles in 3 years, but thought upgrade now and then that's it. They can shove their EV's up their @rse as far as I'm concerned.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

That doesn't really sound like financial sense to me especially if you love the current car ;)
Macan S MY 2023
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Skyway wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:05 am That doesn't really sound like financial sense to me especially if you love the current car ;)
Perhaps. But if I loose around £7/8k that's around £400 a month Depreciation which I can live with plus I save/delay other associated costs by having a new car.
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:52 am It's been a while but car related issues have started to bubble to the surface and demand my attention..

May consider ordering a new GTS. Current wait is around 6 months which surprises me as I thought it would be closer to 12!! Residual values on GTS are still strong which doesn't help when using my man maths formula as my car will be less than 2 years old should I press the go button. Big fly in the ointment however is that the current price of my car new is around £82k; £4k more than I paid. So man maths applied a new car will cost my car plus around £10-12k for a Brand new 2024 GTS. If I knew when Porsche were planning to cease production of the ICE Macan it would help as getting one of the last production models would probably make my decision easier.

I placed my order for a GTS in Feb 23. I asked for delivery in March 24 due to my work cycle and being out of the country. Firstly the SE was very negative about achieving the March date but order was placed. 4 weeks ago I got an email to say I had a July 23 build slot with an Aug delivery. I had to jog the SE’s memory that I would be out of the country and this did not suit. So yes the delivery time has reduced significantly, I suspect due to cancellations after the price increase. When I said I needed to keep to the March 24 date I got the following email….

” I do want to mention that with the launch of Macan EV due in 2024, we're not entirely sure what that will mean for the combustion engine. We don't know what part of the year it is due to launch, or if they will possibly run the two models alongside each other for a while. It's just to make you aware that there could be implications to the availability of this model. However, as I say, we haven't had any communication to indicate that this would be the case. I'd rather mention it and make you aware, than have it pop up at a later date…..

This was probably an attempt to get me to take the Aug delivery. I did think about going for it but decided against. I am holding out for the March delivery date. I know it brings a possible further price increase into the equation but hey hoe. I have already decided I will walk if that happens.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Tidesurge2 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:45 am
PorscheMack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:52 am It's been a while but car related issues have started to bubble to the surface and demand my attention..

I placed my order for a GTS in Feb 23. I asked for delivery in March 24 due to my work cycle and being out of the country. Firstly the SE was very negative about achieving the March date but order was placed. 4 weeks ago I got an email to say I had a July 23 build slot with an Aug delivery. I had to jog the SE’s memory that I would be out of the country and this did not suit. So yes the delivery time has reduced significantly, I suspect due to cancellations after the price increase. When I said I needed to keep to the March 24 date I got the following email….

” I do want to mention that with the launch of Macan EV due in 2024, we're not entirely sure what that will mean for the combustion engine. We don't know what part of the year it is due to launch, or if they will possibly run the two models alongside each other for a while. It's just to make you aware that there could be implications to the availability of this model. However, as I say, we haven't had any communication to indicate that this would be the case. I'd rather mention it and make you aware, than have it pop up at a later date…..

This was probably an attempt to get me to take the Aug delivery. I did think about going for it but decided against. I am holding out for the March delivery date. I know it brings a possible further price increase into the equation but hey hoe. I have already decided I will walk if that happens.
Yep. Probably the Porsche art of Scare Tactics courtesy of their Marketing people.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I honestly think they don't have that much control over the entire process so by you wanting a specific date for delivery, even if it is far into the future, it means the SA has to pay a bit more attention and actually manage the process somewhat to ensure it happens lol
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Not sure what the procedure would be if someone places a deposit but doesn't configure a car, eg no Config code?
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:55 pm I honestly think they don't have that much control over the entire process so by you wanting a specific date for delivery, even if it is far into the future, it means the SA has to pay a bit more attention and actually manage the process somewhat to ensure it happens lol
According to my dealer, they do.

They regularly take deposits on the next car when someone picks up their current new car.

They keep moving the build slot back to enable a customer to pick an approximate year & month they want their next car.