Pano Roof

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RGS

Post by RGS »

I've just finished my annual chore of lubricating the rubber seals on my panoramic roof, I never open it and wouldn't mind if it was just a fixed glass roof as I only want it to brighten up the black interior. But knowing the drainage problems that some on this forum have experienced, plus the fact that the rubber seals are exposed to the elements, I lubricate all the seals once a year for peace of mind to keep them flexible and stop them from drying and cracking. I checked the channels at the same time, but they were dry and clean and I also get the OPC to check the drains each service. Prevention better than cure ! I use Gummi Pflege which conditions the rubber as well as lubricates.

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The light and airiness of the pano is exactly why I went for it too, so I share your sentiments about a fixed roof. Only issue is that should that ever be offered it'll be just as expensive so we may as well all have one that does something :D

I use the Sonax product in the same way.
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

My wife liked the glass roof in son-in-law's Disco, that's why I specced it in the new Macan, frankly I don't notice it's existence even though I always have the seat as far back as possible, oh except on the odd occasions when the sun dazzles through it! Waste of money, but nice ๐Ÿ˜€..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I recently sat in an audi E-tron GT or whatever the 4 door one is called

It was black inside with a black roof with no glass and it was so claustrophobic!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dogโ€™s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Skyway wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:29 pm The light and airiness of the pano is exactly why I went for it too, so I share your sentiments about a fixed roof. Only issue is that should that ever be offered it'll be just as expensive so we may as well all have one that does something :D

I use the Sonax product in the same way.
Just received my Sonax in the post, looks like a kiwi polish applicator! Will apply next time car is washed ๐Ÿ‘
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah, the Sonax bottle makes it so easy to apply. Only takes 5 minutes if that and the bottle will last for years. Again, thanks to this forum for even knowing about the product.
Macan S MY 2023
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Skyway wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:01 pm Yeah, the Sonax bottle makes it so easy to apply. Only takes 5 minutes if that and the bottle will last for years. Again, thanks to this forum for even knowing about the product.
Yeah , never heard of it until I read your post ๐Ÿ‘
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
wingless

Post by wingless »

There are dozens of Sonax products. Which one is used for the roof seals?

The roof on my southern Florida Macan is opened during every usage.
2022 Macan
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Itโ€™s this one:

SONAX 03400000 Rubber Care
Macan S MY 2023
crockers

Post by crockers »

Run it around the car door seals too. It helps them from freezing in the winter.