First proper drive - first impressions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

kalniel wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:37 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:17 am In this case the manufacturer is best placed to advise on how to use their product, and it’s all in the manual, but then most on here don’t read the manual either!
Assuming they even get a manual ;)

(Asked my sales rep about this, he admitted there was a period when they weren't giving out manuals but that that should soon be resolved.. yes there is an app-based on but some of us can't read a lot of text on a small screen easily!)
Fair point!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

crockers

Post by crockers »

kalniel wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:37 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:17 am In this case the manufacturer is best placed to advise on how to use their product, and it’s all in the manual, but then most on here don’t read the manual either!
Assuming they even get a manual ;)

(Asked my sales rep about this, he admitted there was a period when they weren't giving out manuals but that that should soon be resolved.. yes there is an app-based on but some of us can't read a lot of text on a small screen easily!)
My SE said they have 70 people waiting for manuals 😰
StefP

Post by StefP »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:57 am
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:48 am Great review.

Getting the seat positioned does take time, it is a while since I drove an X3 Beamer and a major drawback to the X3 was the poor lumber support and lack of vertical movement in the lumber pad. So do persevere you will get there, and do save the memory setting, initially I used them all to set different configurations. Now I never have to change them.

I am not a fan of the 18 way, yes it does hold you firm and for me that resulted in back ache as there is no squirm room on long trips.

Great road btw, used to ride over it frequently on the motorbikes.

As for brake dust, that should lessen as the pads bed in but then a cleaning product like Getechniq’s Fall Out remover and a pressure washer will remove the vast majority of the brake dust.

A sponge? Mine were consigned to the bin years ago, do read the washing and cleaning your Macan thread or Google two bucket car cleaning.
Yeah, I do always use the 2 bucket method when washing my cars. It was more a quick wipe down as I needed to take some photo's for the wheel & Tyre insurance I took out.

I'm hoping the back ache does ease once either the seats are worn in a bit, or maybe I just need to slacked off the side bolsters.

I will look at proper alloy cleaners, and I must look at foam sprays too. I'll check out the washing and cleaning thread.
Who did you get your tyre/ alloy wheel insurance with? Are there any deals on the Macan Forum?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I looked at these when I purchased my Macan and the reviews were terrible. Apart from being around the £500 mark when it came to the wheels many of them will insist on roadside styled repairs, i.e. localised sanding and paint touchup even in the diamond cut area. If they believe this does the job then they will point blank refuse to authorise a proper 'diamond cut' refurb with the wheel re-painted and re-cut.

I decided it was just better to self insure it ;)
Macan S MY 2023