Silly question about 2nd hand 2023 GTS...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
cinders

Post by cinders »

Guys,

Sorry to ask a silly question, but are 2nd hand GTS's currently selling on autotrader over the price from buying from Porsche due to availability (like the 911 Turbo S was?)

What are wait times on buying direct from Porsche?

Thanks,
Cinders.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Looks like it, although it is hard to say for sure given the amount of extras added to a GTS.

I see many are selling at OPCs where they are or rather were not supposed to inflate the cost.

Flipping a new Porsche was also supposed to result in a ban on future orders being accepted.

Wait period anywhere from 6m to a year+
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

At the 'height' wait time was commonly reported back here as 18 months - but that was before the cost of living crisis, inflation crisis, and tech bubble 'crisis' all peaked. There are many who cancelled orders after interest rates on PCP got well into the 10% range.

If you ask your local OPC, they'll tell you the current wait. And then you can come back and tell us!

I would still say GTS's are selling over list as there is still likely to be some waiting list for allocation - but I suspect it's no where near as inflated as it was.

As an aside, I've read (on here I think? Or maybe PistonHeads) that the waiting list for *any* 911 is 18 months currently. So still demand about.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
cinders

Post by cinders »

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. :)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

It'll be a combination of long lead times and the recent price rise in new cars.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Plyphon wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:53 am As an aside, I've read (on here I think? Or maybe PistonHeads) that the waiting list for *any* 911 is 18 months currently. So still demand about.
Was asking my dealer about 911 waiting times, as I said I'd love to order a new 911 GTS. He said roughly between 18 months and 2 years.

He said most people aren't bothered really, as as soon as they take delivery of their new car they leave a deposit for the next one. They (dealer) will move build slots to ensure the customer gets their next car roughly when they want it. So probably works out well if you get a new Porsche every 2 years.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

My Macan GTS has Sep build slot for Oct delivery. Deposit placed Jan.

I think you could get a shorter lead time now, particularly if you phone around.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

There are one or two Macan "S"s on the Porsche used website which are £3-£4k above list, so not confined to GTS.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky posted a screenshot on another thread of a Scottish OPC with a build slot for a Macan GTS in September, I think. (May have gone by now...)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
adam b

Post by adam b »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:53 am Looks like it, although it is hard to say for sure given the amount of extras added to a GTS.

I see many are selling at OPCs where they are or rather were not supposed to inflate the cost.

Flipping a new Porsche was also supposed to result in a ban on future orders being accepted.

Wait period anywhere from 6m to a year+
Didn’t think there was anything stopping an OPC selling a used car for over list, looks at GT3 and other rare stuff.

Also I imagine flipping back to your own OPC gets you gold stars
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)