Navigation v Music Volume

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jon A wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:43 pm
Skyway wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:26 pm Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the Macan from reducing the music volume when it makes a navigation announcement?

I find this too severe with the navigation getting the Lions share of volume. Adjusting the proportions of output would be even better.

I've looked in the manuals and played in the menus and can't see anything.
Have you tried physically turning the volume down while navigation is in mid announcement? It then should hold this volume for future announcements.
This worked on my Jag… 🤷‍♂️

+1. Exactly what I do. Turn the volume of the navigation announcer to near zero and you can still hear what’s on the radio or whatever.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:26 pm
Jon A wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:43 pm
Skyway wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:26 pm Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the Macan from reducing the music volume when it makes a navigation announcement?

I find this too severe with the navigation getting the Lions share of volume. Adjusting the proportions of output would be even better.

I've looked in the manuals and played in the menus and can't see anything.
Have you tried physically turning the volume down while navigation is in mid announcement? It then should hold this volume for future announcements.
This worked on my Jag… 🤷‍♂️

+1. Exactly what I do. Turn the volume of the navigation announcer to near zero and you can still hear what’s on the radio or whatever.
Agree, you can, BUT it still gets reduced... :(
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Like others here, I turn down the car's nav volume to zero and then use Waze for navigation and speed camera alerts only (ie not spoken directions). They cut in briefly over whatever I'm streaming via Car Play. Seems to work well. Not sure what happens if listening to the car's radio as I so rarely do. Is that what the original post issue is (Skyway)?

BTW how are you finding RadarAll? I tested a bunch of them including RadarAll, and ended up with Waze. Can't remember why I didn't settle with RadarAll. Is it very good then? Would like to try using the car's navigation + a good audible speed camera alert system as then I can have nav (albeit a crappier version vs Waze) in the instrument cluster
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

So I’ve been looking for something that integrates better with CarPlay than Cyclops, and RadarAll so far has been very accurate. Also I’ve been finding Waze increasing disappointing for navigation so have been trialling Apple Maps and so far I’m impressed, particularly with road closures and clarity of turn information. Things like ‘go over the next set of lights then turn…’.

I don’t like to rely on the navigation systems for cameras as they often miss some. RadarAll is direction sensitive so also only reports cameras in the direction you’re actually driving.
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:43 pm So I’ve been looking for something that integrates better with CarPlay than Cyclops, and RadarAll so far has been very accurate. Also I’ve been finding Waze increasing disappointing for navigation so have been trialling Apple Maps and so far I’m impressed, particularly with road closures and clarity of turn information. Things like ‘go over the next set of lights then turn…’.

I don’t like to rely on the navigation systems for cameras as they often miss some. RadarAll is direction sensitive so also only reports cameras in the direction you’re actually driving.
The other thing you could do is just stick to the speed limit. I have speed limit display and find it very easy to not speed…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Jon A wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:17 am
Skyway wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:43 pm So I’ve been looking for something that integrates better with CarPlay than Cyclops, and RadarAll so far has been very accurate. Also I’ve been finding Waze increasing disappointing for navigation so have been trialling Apple Maps and so far I’m impressed, particularly with road closures and clarity of turn information. Things like ‘go over the next set of lights then turn…’.

The other thing you could do is just stick to the speed limit. I have speed limit display and find it very easy to not speed…
👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

If I was gonna drive like Miss Daisy I wouldn't have bought a Macan or anything like it. I didn't buy it for its comfort ;)

Do you seriously stick to 70mph on all our motorways? Its very useful to know which gantries definitely have a camera.

Also, with all the 20mph speed limits springing up you only have to be doing 25 and you'll get a ticket.
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:54 am If I was gonna drive like Miss Daisy I wouldn't have bought a Macan or anything like it. I didn't buy it for its comfort ;)

Do you seriously stick to 70mph on all our motorways? Its very useful to know which gantries definitely have a camera.

Also, with all the 20mph speed limits springing up you only have to be doing 25 and you'll get a ticket.
Err, yes I really do! Speeding on motorways is a mugs game and you deserve what you get.
Much better to enjoy cars like these on the A road twisties where you can enjoy without speeding I think.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I dont deem 80-85 on a clear stretch of motorway in a car like a macan speeding.

Also on a twisting winding road in the middle of no where where environmentalists have set the limit to 40 is nuts. If it were just handling I was personally looking for then I'd buy a Mini. Out performs a Macan on those types of roads by a mile ;)

I'm not talking about going crazy here, but I suspect over 90% of drivers on this forum break the speed limits. Knowing where the cameras are just helps prevent getting a ticket for a minor revenue driven offence. I equally have no time for those doing a ton or excessive speeding, although there are many performance cars that can still stop quicker than a Mondeo doing half that speed if needed.
Macan S MY 2023
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

A doubt whether as much as 1% of us have never ever broken a speed limit, be that 20mph, 70mph or whatever. 🤓
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018