new Lotus smaller electric EV i.e EV Macan Competitor

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

andreas wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:23 pm
Tracky wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:41 pm
the big one starts at £90k so I would assume less for smaller
I struggle with the idea of paying anywhere near 6 figures for a Lotus.
They aren’t lotus anymore though in the traditional sense
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

Tracky wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:14 am The big one is getting good reviews so suspect the small one will be even better

Probably be more reliable under Geely than the Porsches are - there seem to be quite a few glitches with the Taycan which is why I’m not bothering for now.

The lotus ‘Taycan’ looks really nice !
Presumably it will be closely related to other cars in the Geely group; Volvo, Polestar, Zeekr and Lynk&Co?

Having tracked Polestar group on FB for a year (I considered going to the dark side of an EV) it obvious they have loads of software issues; drivers appear to be almost proud of how many times their cars lock them in or out, need to have full reboots, fail to connect to apps, loose a their setting, need software updates, etc. I think all the OEMs are having big issues with software development and reliability.

As for a baby Lotus SUV, I'm thinking its a soon to be released Volvo XC30 with a different skin. Handling may be tweaked by the Lotus Engineers but that's probably the only link to Heathel. Wasn't there a Proton with 'Handling by Lotus'?
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

EngineerMK wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:23 am
Tracky wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:14 am The big one is getting good reviews so suspect the small one will be even better

Probably be more reliable under Geely than the Porsches are - there seem to be quite a few glitches with the Taycan which is why I’m not bothering for now.

The lotus ‘Taycan’ looks really nice !
Presumably it will be closely related to other cars in the Geely group; Volvo, Polestar, Zeekr and Lynk&Co?

Having tracked Polestar group on FB for a year (I considered going to the dark side of an EV) it obvious they have loads of software issues; drivers appear to be almost proud of how many times their cars lock them in or out, need to have full reboots, fail to connect to apps, loose a their setting, need software updates, etc. I think all the OEMs are having big issues with software development and reliability.

As for a baby Lotus SUV, I'm thinking its a soon to be released Volvo XC30 with a different skin. Handling may be tweaked by the Lotus Engineers but that's probably the only link to Heathel. Wasn't there a Proton with 'Handling by Lotus'?
Not just Proton ( Lotus were owned by Proton at one point) Lotus Engineering worked on the fantastic '90's Vauxhall Astra, Hyundai Genesis and Isuzu something or other, DeLorean and quite a few others you wouldn't think of!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160