Pan Roof drains cleared.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Hi. Just a bit of info for anyone with a pan roof that not draining.

I had the dreaded leak into the passenger footwell this winter. The car is a 2017, so it's done 5 1/2 years trouble free.

The car has always been garaged, but i've bought myself a new toy and the Macan has been demoted to the drive. I think this may have helped the drain block up.

The weather was really bad, raining a lot and i couldn't get the car booked in for the drains cleaning. I had an idea, I would gaffer tape the sunroof. I used black tape from B&Q. This did a temporary fix while i got it fixed. It worked. the car was now dry. I told the wife the sunroof was to stay closed until i could get it repaired.

I was relieved that at least the car wasn't getting wet inside. I took the car to my local garage that i have used for years. When i collected the car I asked what they had done. They used an air line that was a perfect fit in the drain hole and blew the blockage out. He said he couldn't get to the rear drains as the fixed glass rear roof panel is in the way. They didn't charge me and said see how you go on. We have had plenty of rain since and the car is still dry.

MTUK

Post by MTUK »

With the rear drains you have to stick your hand up the rear wheel arch. Push a drain rod up the tube. Then park the car on a sloping drive and pour water in to check. Worked for me.
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Cheers. i'll try that.
andreas

Post by andreas »

The rear drains are easily accessed in the boot. Remove the little side panels and you'll see the drain tube going down to a rubber fitting in the floor. Pull the fitting out vertically; it has a "duckbill" valve on it. Cut off the duckbill valve. Re-insert the rubber fitting in the hole in the floor (some silicone grease might make this easier).
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SP6IGHT wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:50 pm Hi. Just a bit of info for anyone with a pan roof that not draining.

I had the dreaded leak into the passenger footwell this winter. The car is a 2017, so it's done 5 1/2 years trouble free.

The car has always been garaged, but i've bought myself a new toy and the Macan has been demoted to the drive. I think this may have helped the drain block up.

The weather was really bad, raining a lot and i couldn't get the car booked in for the drains cleaning. I had an idea, I would gaffer tape the sunroof. I used black tape from B&Q. This did a temporary fix while i got it fixed. It worked. the car was now dry. I told the wife the sunroof was to stay closed until i could get it repaired.

I was relieved that at least the car wasn't getting wet inside. I took the car to my local garage that i have used for years. When i collected the car I asked what they had done. They used an air line that was a perfect fit in the drain hole and blew the blockage out. He said he couldn't get to the rear drains as the fixed glass rear roof panel is in the way. They didn't charge me and said see how you go on. We have had plenty of rain since and the car is still dry.

What’s the new toy? :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

99A1004E-0F8A-4F06-AA1B-30D5F38A8D22_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi Wing Commander . Got myself an E93 M3. Limited edition. Its a 2012. with 16500 miles on it. It's never been out in winter. The car is absolutely Mint. Bought it from a customer of mine. I have admired the car for a couple of years, then last year he said he was thinking of selling. Wife has always like convertibles and i like the V8. So perfect combination.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks great! 😎
Simon

SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Thanks. It's had a couple of subtle mods. It sounds fantastic!! especially as it gets close to the red line. 8250 rpm.

I call it. The smile machine. There are only 50 in Santorini Blue
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Very nice indeed! Sound is an important part of the driving experience! :)
Simon