Macan stolen!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

andreas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:27 pm
Macan123456 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:23 pm

Yes, appreciate it - I was going to email them but it’s pointless as my car is probably on another continent now post the theft!
More likely it'll have been stripped for parts - those rear washer systems are in great demand!
.. and they are genuine OEM so no problems with warranty.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR311YX3

Macan123456

Post by Macan123456 »

Ignorant Q but what do they do with the parts?
What you think they take out of a new car - small % ?
andreas

Post by andreas »

Macan123456 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:35 pm Ignorant Q but what do they do with the parts?
There's a huge black market (if we're still allowed to call it that) for all sorts of parts - panels, components, modules, engines, wheels, etc.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:07 pm
Macan123456 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:48 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:30 pm ^^^ This subject has been done to death, but some Porsches DO request an oil change much sooner than the 20k mile or 2 year service interval.

Many forum contributors have reported this.

I myself have documented several times that my 2017 Panamera 4 required an oil change after 10k miles when that car was less than one year old. I did 17k miles in the year that I had it. And no, it wasn’t short journeys. In fact it was almost all motorway driving, with lots of trips from Swindon to Kent and back.
Thanks. Mine was below 10k miles and it said oil change at 1year.
Yep. Many engines (Audi-based?) seem to have sensors that monitor oil condition and indicate when an oil change is advised, which seems often to be before the 2 year/20k mile service intervals. You’re not mad or making it up. ;) 👍
Okay apologies and humble pie, but I am in detailed discussion with my OPC about a 2023 Macan they have for sale and have today spoken to my regular service advisor. He has stated Porsche GB states 2 years or 20k, yes could be a shorter mileage requirement but it should not require anything like a 1 year service.
Will shut up now and again apologies to @Macan 123456👋
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Macan123456

Post by Macan123456 »

JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:53 pm
Macan123456 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:48 pm

Thanks. Mine was below 10k miles and it said oil change at 1year.
Yep. Many engines (Audi-based?) seem to have sensors that monitor oil condition and indicate when an oil change is advised, which seems often to be before the 2 year/20k mile service intervals. You’re not mad or making it up. ;) 👍
Okay apologies and humble pie, but I am in detailed discussion with my OPC about a 2023 Macan they have for sale and have today spoken to my regular service advisor. He has stated Porsche GB states 2 years or 20k, yes could be a shorter mileage requirement but it should not require anything like a 1 year service.
No worries - it was just an oil service. I had a run in with them about wanting to charge £600 to clean leaves in the roof / etc which I’d also read abour.
There is someone else here who thinks I am lying about my Macan (family car) being stolen, but earlier in the thread there is similar situations in a similar region in London, and on pistonheads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=2061399
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Macan123456 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:04 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:53 pm

No worries - it was just an oil service. I had a run in with them about wanting to charge £600 to clean leaves in the roof / etc which I’d also read abour.
There is someone else here who thinks I am lying about my Macan (family car) being stolen, but earlier in the thread there is similar situations in a similar region in London, and on pistonheads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... &t=2061399
😱My OPC charged £300 on the Macan's recent service which I was appalled with.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
JJay

Post by JJay »

With all the talk of keyless entry vs keyed, faraday pouches and signal antennae we mustn’t forget that all our Macan’s have a physical keyhole. These can be defeated by thieves using picks or a lock gun (there are loads of videos on YouTube) and once they have gained entry…
muzziman

Post by muzziman »

JJay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:43 pm With all the talk of keyless entry vs keyed, faraday pouches and signal antennae we mustn’t forget that all our Macan’s have a physical keyhole. These can be defeated by thieves using picks or a lock gun (there are loads of videos on YouTube) and once they have gained entry…
Except that shouldn't allow them to start the car. The immobilizer should still refuse to start the engine without the presence of the key, and electronically confirming it's the right one. The problem is that once they have access to the cars wiring (either by getting in and getting to the wiring internally, or getting to it by pulling off bits of bodywork), it appears they can defeat it the security. If they're willing to simply cut through bits of bodywork to reach the wires, no amount of being careful with keys will help.

What we really need here is CCTV of what they actually do, as everything is guesswork at the moment.

James
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

andreas wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:37 pm
Macan123456 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:35 pm Ignorant Q but what do they do with the parts?
There's a huge black market (if we're still allowed to call it that) for all sorts of parts - panels, components, modules, engines, wheels, etc.
"There's a huge black market" to be on the safe side, I think the term "very very very dark blue" (as per Father Ted) would suffice :D
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
FBCello

Post by FBCello »

My GTS 24 Reg was stolen on the 6th of June @ 3am
I posted on the forum.
disabled everything: tracker, airtag, steering wheel lock, Porsche laminated class clear not an issue (so they entered somehow nicely).
the car was not keyless, car located 100m from the house, keys in a faraday box....
super pros
the car has disappeared from planet UK.
Clearly an epidemic (according to my Porsche salesperson)
SUVs are the target apparently