Macan stolen!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Re: the parking the car outside point.

On my street there is an RS6, Ferrari Roma, new Defender 110, Maserati Ghibli (tho an older one), E53 estate, a Jag F Type and two Macans (neighbours T, stolen and returned, and my GTS).

None of us have driveways or garages! Welcome to London :)

I basically only lock and unlock my car when stood next to it. I don't know how these jammers work, but I assume if I'm stood next to the car it's less likely to jam the signal.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Plyphon wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:56 am Re: the parking the car outside point.

On my street there is an RS6, Ferrari Roma, new Defender 110, Maserati Ghibli (tho an older one), E53 estate, a Jag F Type and two Macans (neighbours T, stolen and returned, and my GTS).

I basically only lock and unlock my car when stood next to it. I don't know how these jammers work, but I assume if I'm stood next to the car it's less likely to jam the signal.
Must be tough living in the slums ! :lol:
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:13 am
Plyphon wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:56 am Re: the parking the car outside point.

Must be tough living in the slums ! :lol:
Must be Peckham!
On order

GT4 RS (track toy)

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

The ability to steal a vehicle using methods such as OBD Port Intrusion and Relay Attack, has exponentially increased the vehicle theft numbers.
The police do not prioritise this type of crime as, in most forces, they do not have the resources to deal with it or the skill that they once had in identifying vehicles that have been cloned.

There is a positive in the methods now used, and that is the reduction in victims experiencing direct contact with the offenders due to burglary and robbery, the latter including carjacking which has sometimes involved children and pets being in the vehicle.

If you are dealing with opportunists, I.E. those that have the equipment to access the vehicle without the key, simple measures such as a steering lock, bollards, gates etc. will help protect the vehicle and make it less attractive.
However, if you have a vehicle that they have a specific requirement for, the likelihood is that these measures will only escalate the action they take to obtain the vehicle.

Personally, I'd rather have a vehicle stolen without intruders violating my home and family, as these scumbags will stop at nothing.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

They'll always find plenty of resources to nick motorists though!!!!
Macan S MY 2023
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Macan123456 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:33 pm
Macan123456 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:56 pm Looking at pistonheads, twitter and a few other forums - Macan theft is massively on the up (including mine today), given if you google ‘most stolen cars’ - nowhere to be seen, yet a lot are going of late.

Must be new tech. How sad
Four people in my area (within 500yd) said Macans gone since Jan 24. Having heard 0 pre that. Unbelievable
Would you care to enlighten us as to where/which forums you're referring to and which area these 5 Macans have been stolen from ??
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

2023 numbers of the top ten stolen vehicles.

Top Ten Stolen Vehicles 2023.jpg

Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Would be interesting to see figures per models made or available to steal if you like. Not surprised to see Fords topping the list as there are so many of them.
We could be losing 20% of Macans to thieves but it wouldn’t register on these lists because there are so few out there relatively… 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:53 am Would you care to enlighten us as to where/which forums you're referring to and which area these 5 Macans have been stolen from ??
Do you understand why 95% of our fellow contributors are so damn timid about geographical info? Fair enough don't put your address and phone number up but including a general area/city in your profile (like wot you and I have done) and being specific about OPCs, etc. can't harm but CAN make the info more useful. 😢
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:49 am Would be interesting to see figures per models made or available to steal if you like. Not surprised to see Fords topping the list as there are so many of them.
We could be losing 20% of Macans to thieves but it wouldn’t register on these lists because there are so few out there relatively… 🤔
The Fiesta and Corsa have been popular for many years due to the demand for parts.
In Italy, most of the vehicles stolen are Fiat Panda, Punto's & 500's.

This is one that a member of my team dealt with (I don't mean he stole it) :)

Italy Fiat Panda.jpg

Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver