New Tyres

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RGS

Post by RGS »

Having experienced heavy wear on my front Continentals, I've bitten the bullit and ordered a full set of Michelins, partly because I've had good results with Michelin in the past and also Michelin are offering £100 off if you buy from one of their approved dealers. However Just to ensure I ordered the correct N rated tyre I went on to the Michelin Website and discovered that they recommend both N0 and N2 for the 21"wheels on my MY20 Turbo. My OE tyres are NO but I have opted for the N2 on the new ones as they are a later version, same price and spec on both, but surprised to find they still manufacture both versions and not entirely sure the difference between the two.
Set of 4 new Michelins supplied and fitted is around £1200 wherever you try !

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

My dealer has been fine but I recall the N2s are for Cayenne and N2 and N0 are not to be mixed (as I have inadvertently done)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Yes, I had N2 and had to ditch them as they are Cayenne tyres with the wrong load rating, the OPC picked this up and said it would void my warranty. I think they were 106 instead of 102 from memory. I had to look hard to get the correct N0 Michelin’s in the end.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
RGS

Post by RGS »

It's a minefield when the time comes to change tyres and keeping to the correct N rating to keep within the vehicle warranty. The Michelin Web site is very good, they ask for the the model, it's year of manufacture, what engine you have and rim size of your wheels, therefore pin pointing your vehicle exactly. The Michelin N2 for the Macan Turbo with 21" rims matches the vehicle certificate of conformity exactly, with the correct load load rating front and back and no different to the NO's except they are the latest generation. I expect Michelin continue with the NO's for those who are only replacing 2 tyres as you can't mix them. Incidentally in my research I noticed that Black Circles recommendation were tyres with the wrong load rating (107y) so as I said it's a minefield out there.
crockers

Post by crockers »

The main problem with staggered sized wheels is you should really change all 4 if the fronts need changing. Pretty scary if your rears are half worn with new fronts. Best tyres should be on the rear.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

RGS wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:33 am It's a minefield when the time comes to change tyres and keeping to the correct N rating to keep within the vehicle warranty. The Michelin Web site is very good, they ask for the the model, it's year of manufacture, what engine you have and rim size of your wheels, therefore pin pointing your vehicle exactly. The Michelin N2 for the Macan Turbo with 21" rims matches the vehicle certificate of conformity exactly, with the correct load load rating front and back and no different to the NO's except they are the latest generation. I expect Michelin continue with the NO's for those who are only replacing 2 tyres as you can't mix them. Incidentally in my research I noticed that Black Circles recommendation were tyres with the wrong load rating (107y) so as I said it's a minefield out there.
Michelin own Blackcircles.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
RGS

Post by RGS »

All I can advise is to check tyres are N rated and match your vehicle certificate of conformity tyre specifications.