Windscreen washers

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Hi, last two days my washers have been frozen is that normal and do you have to use Porsches own washer fluid as I have some old merc fluid, the washers thaw out after a while but sometimes you need them sooner,do Porsche top up your washers at the service, in all the cars I’ve had this is the first time I’ve had frozen washers. Cheers

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Oscar2 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:53 pm Hi, last two days my washers have been frozen is that normal and do you have to use Porsches own washer fluid as I have some old merc fluid, the washers thaw out after a while but sometimes you need them sooner,do Porsche top up your washers at the service, in all the cars I’ve had this is the first time I’ve had frozen washers. Cheers
You need a stronger mix.Throughout the winter I use at least a mix for -10c with all our family cars as the lines can become extremely cold overnight. The Porsche product states not to mix? Once the tank is near empty I’ve always used the Halfords range. Re dealer topping up?

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/screenwash/
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport
2012. 991 Carrera S
2016. Macan Turbo
Current
2020. Macan GTS
2024. Macan GTS sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRYNSB63
andreas

Post by andreas »

The washer fluid should be topped up at service, and many OPCs put a bottle of fluid in the boot (and charge you handsomely for it!).

It's fine to mix different brands of washer fluid. I buy 5 litre containers of Halfords Concentrate and dilute it as required.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

Thanks,I’ve got some form Mercedes under the sink I’ll put in in neat that should mix and stop it freezing up at the jets,it was serviced before I picked it up,I thought the jet’s would have been heated cheers
andreas

Post by andreas »

Oscar2 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:56 pm I thought the jet’s would have been heated cheers
I believe the jets are heated.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
crockers

Post by crockers »

Jets maybe heated but the lines aren't.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I cannot find any reference to being heated.

As to screen fluid, this what the Good to Know states:

Screenshot_20221213_185225_Porsche Good to know.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Hello, I searched the forum earlier and found a helpful post about washer fluid, but now I can’t find the exact one - so I’m adding to this thread rather than start a new one.

I am going to buy washer fluid, first time doing this myself - I just wondered whether the Porsche one on their website needs diluting or can you pour straight in? I’d rather not have to do measurements etc (not being lazy, just don’t have space for storing concentrate etc.) :) There is zero info on the website about usage :(

Is there anything you think that’s simple/obvious about doing this, that I should know? Might be a dumb question but would I need to buy a funnel for example?

Thank you :)

IMG_3765.png

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Don't bother with a funnel. There's a filter under the cap that won't accept it.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:55 pm Don't bother with a funnel. There's a filter under the cap that won't accept it.
Excellent thank you - one less ‘rarely to use’ item being bought/stored :)