Loan Cars when using OPC

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

My understanding is when you leave your car into an OPC the loan car they provide is complimentary- Porsche Portsmouth are trying to charge for this, what are other peoples experiences?

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

TBH I think you’re fortunate. The last few times I visited my OPC, I wasn’t offered anything at all. And when I became a bit inquisitive, none available, likewise a return lift back, or a collection.
What times we live in?
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I've never been charged by Bournemouth - part of the same group as Portsmouth. TBH for me the loan cars are part of the cost justification for continuing to maintain the car at an OPC. I wouldn't pay for a loan car unless it was a nominal admin costs. How much are they trying to charge?
Last edited by bobajob on Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

I’ve never been charged for a loaner (I’ve used Nottingham, Solihull and Tewkesbury).

I did note a very high insurance excess of £1000 last time however.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

The documents I signed at the OPC showed a cost associated to a loaner ( Mid Sussex ) but they didn’t actually charge me. I assume it depends on if the work is being done under warranty
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Loaners have never been by right anywhere I have ever bought a car from.

Without exception I have had to ask for a loaner, then what has been offered varies.

If a loaner is required then it has been the case of arranging the service some six weeks later, earlier service periods resulted in not having loaners available.

In the last twenty years, only Jaguar have loaned another Jag every time.

Six years of Porsche ownership and as a loaner in order:- 1 Macan SD, 1 VW Golf, 1 Nissan Pathfinder, 1 VW Golf and 1 piss poor 2.0 base Macan.

Last service they collected it from home and delivered it back to me, so much more civilised.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:41 pm Loaners have never been by right anywhere I have ever bought a car from.

Without exception I have had to ask for a loaner, then what has been offered varies.

If a loaner is required then it has been the case of arranging the service some six weeks later, earlier service periods resulted in not having loaners available.

In the last twenty years, only Jaguar have loaned another Jag every time.

Six years of Porsche ownership and as a loaner in order:- 1 Macan SD, 1 VW Golf, 1 Nissan Pathfinder, 1 VW Golf and 1 piss poor 2.0 base Macan.

Last service they collected it from home and delivered it back to me, so much more civilised.
Had my Aston serviced by Aston Martin Works and they turned up at my office in an Aston Martin Racing truck and loaded my car in the back of it and returned it in the same. I got called a tart quite a bit by everyone else in the office…..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Makanik wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 pm I’ve never been charged for a loaner (I’ve used Nottingham, Solihull and Tewkesbury).

I did note a very high insurance excess of £1000 last time however.

I too have never been charged for a loaner (Tewkesbury and Swindon). I’ve had loads over 6 years, nearly always Porsches. These have included Macans, Cayennes, Boxsters, a Cayman and a Panamera. Yep, the £1,000 excess is pretty standard, in my experience.

As someone said above, I consider that the value of a Porsche loaner is built into what Porsche charge for servicing and repairs etc.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

You do have to plan ahead - book a service etc 6 weeks in advance and specify a Porsche loan car. I've had a call before to let me know the car is no longer available and can they pick up / drop off instead. I've declined and rescheduled the booking for a date when they do have a car.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Never had to pay and always had Porsche as loan cars. Boxter, Cayman, Macan and a Panamera in my case. I usually book 6-8 weeks in advance though.

SEAT charge £20 for a loaner for the day, but servicing is less than half the price.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver