It’s all hot air?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Nella wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 pm I was also wondering why I couldn’t open the sunroof until my 11yo pointed out we didn’t have one?!!??!?!?
🤣🤣🤣

pmg

Post by pmg »

Ah that is why the air con off button is present. It is for those cars with Pano's open so the system does not waste energy trying to cool the whole world ;) ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

A/C in a Macan is pretty poor.

My batch of works Peugeots that I drove in the 90’s had A/C that worked flawlessly.

The Pug 206 GTI that I had twenty years ago worked perfectly.

All cars since have had issues.

Sadly Porsche always seem to do their own thing rather than call on other the expertise if Engineering systems present in other marques in the VW Group, they use others engines so why nit A/C and Infotainment?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

the really strange thing is I just had a look on the good to know app and there are pages of stuff about playing with all those naughty buttons, even videos that explain what the buttons do and how you can, heaven forbid, adjust them. Not a single line that says touching any of this is forbidden or even not recommended. So I don’t think its entirely unfair to expect them to work on a £70k car
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

TK421 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 pm Something odd is afoot in the new Macan.
So, temps outside at the minute don’t warrant A/C so I always switch it off unless it’s hot enough.

Cool air outside (17), cabin a bit warm from the sun, temp set to 20, (cabin must be 24+) yet the HVAC was clearly blowing heated air into the cabin raising the temp even further? I’ve always run my previous cars this way without issue. What usually happens is the outside ambient temp cools the cabin down enough without the need for A/C, but for some reason it’s blasting heated hot air? It doesn’t feel like residual heat as it stays hot. I dropped the window to see if it did eventually cool down to ambient air temp but it kept blowing hot. More so out of the windscreen vents.

Anyone any ideas on this?
I experienced the same on the first sunny day I drove it. I was surprised that the air blowing out was so hot initially and put it down to the aluminium overload for the body and engine through which the air is routed. Opened the sunroof, put the aircon on max and it soon cooled down.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Nella

Post by Nella »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:16 am
So, temps outside at the minute don’t warrant A/C so I always switch it off unless it’s hot enough.

Cool air outside (17), cabin a bit warm from the sun, temp set to 20, (cabin must be 24+) yet the HVAC was clearly blowing heated air into the cabin raising the temp even further? I’ve always run my previous cars this way without issue. What usually happens is the outside ambient temp cools the cabin down enough without the need for A/C, but for some reason it’s blasting heated hot air? It doesn’t feel like residual heat as it stays hot. I dropped the window to see if it did eventually cool down to ambient air temp but it kept blowing hot. More so out of the windscreen vents.

I experienced the same on the first sunny day I drove it. I was surprised that the air blowing out was so hot initially and put it down to the aluminium overload for the body and engine through which the air is routed. Opened the sunroof, put the aircon on max and it soon cooled down.
Thanks bluenose. Didn’t occur to me that the aircon wouldn’t work unless I specced a sunroof! I’m such a bimbo!
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

I don't suppose you have the recirculation function switched on by accident have you, or did you. On some cars you can activate it and it switches back to normal circulation after a predetermined time. Or even it permanently on recirc and faulty.

I once got in my F Pace and did a similar thing to you switched aircon off as outside was ambient and the car quite warm and the blowers continued to blow warm air, then spotted the recirculation function was on.

Ive since been informed that you can use leave the aircon on all the time and it only kicks in if the temperature rises above the preset climate controlled setting, uses an electronic clutch on the Aircon compressor to activate it, and the energy/fuel usage on modern aircon systems are not as fuel hungry as say 10 or 20 years ago, much more efficient now.
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Just curious as my car is imminent, I believe at Grimsby by the end of the week, what are your other issues the car is going in for
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:05 pm
…and breathe…
You need to pick all those toys up now fella and put them all back in the pram… 😂😂😂
In all honesty I think the replies from people saying words to the effect of “it’s your own fault stop pressing buttons” were more inflammatory, offered zero help with the issue and more akin to toys being ejected from ones chosen chariot, be it Porsche or silver cross.
My initial question was and is valid as there is a genuine issue with its function regarding hot air being blown from the vents when it’s set to cold on a coolish day but with a hot cabin. Reading around this on other forums there does seem to be other reports of such issues with HVAC on other Porsche models also. I personally don’t think it’s an inappropriate question, Or one that deserves the seemly common snarky replies with unhelpful answers such as “stop fiddling” ? Is this the reply I’ll get from Porsche when it goes in? I’m pretty sure it isn’t. Fact of the matter the chap on service at Chester was pretty damn helpful stating it’s Something he’s seen before, let’s hope he’s not referring to customers fiddling with buttons and the fix is to disable them ( buttons or owner you choose)

It is my mistake for asking what I considered a perfectly reasonable question, one deserved of a reasonable answer from anyone that wanted to be helpful. It Seems I was wrong to expect that, but comes as no surprise as I’ve witnessed it on this particular forum time and time again, I just personally find it quite odd behaviour nothing more. As was once written “people are strange”

In my life and in the bigger picture these replies are genuinely not an issue to me, I wear my big boy pants daily and can assure you all that no toys or prams where harmed by myself, although I can’t confirm others in this thread didn’t (my initial reply was more flippant and tongue in cheek)
We live and learn. Going forward I think I’ll stick to contacting Porsche with any issues that may arise from my £83k purchase including any issues resulting from fiddling with buttons, vehicle functionality and Ill Fitting body panels.

Think I’ll leave my “initial review of my GTS” In pages safe from harm on my MacBook ffs 😂

Peace and love and good luck to you all you helpful funny bunch … ❤️

Mods feel free to close the thread. 🎤 ⬇️
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Nella

Post by Nella »

Ok, my car is now with OPC.
Air con is defective. Other cars have had faults with a sensor which is not a stock item and has to be ordered in. Also they confirmed (again) the sat nav is not working correctly.
Other than that the car is an absolute peach, drives like a dream and looks stunning so I'm looking forward to it eventually coming back with those items fixed.
Mixed drive in and achieved 30mpg.
OPC service from me calling on Friday to this morning has been exemplary.