It’s all hot air?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I think TK is saying that the system fails to channel ambient air at outside temperature with AC switched off. I don’t think he is saying the air con doesn’t work??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

TK421

Post by TK421 »

Nella wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 pm As per my previous post I hadn't used the aircon since I picked the car up in March but put it on last Friday and it was like driving around with an oven door open both on A/C or max A/C. I took it into Porsche Mid Sussex where tech confirmed it was defective.
It is going into my OPC in the morning so I will update when I know.
Thanks for the update Nella, this feels Similar to what I’m experiencing. Keep us updated on how you get on. I know there are module patches for divert or flap issues within the HVAC that can stick or go faulty through software logic issues etc. when I collected the car it was 30+ degrees. Driving back from collection the AC went to max without any input and blasted out hot air into the cabin for no reason whatsoever. Had to switch it off then back on to get cold air coming back out. Something isn’t right for sure.

Glad you understood the question I posted and answered it rather than the ‘leave the buttons alone’ replies which offer zero help in answering the question, as god forbid there actually might be a fault ffs.
But To be fair if no one ever pressed any buttons there would be very few problems or failures as we’d never know. My fault I guess for posting the question in the first place 🤷🏻‍♂️
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Why spec and pay for auto temp control, if you pref manual fiddle?

My current Boxster has manual controls, and it is annoying having to fiddle, while ATC works so much better.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

TK421 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:06 pm Why have a button to turn the A/C off or on if the system doesn’t work properly with it off?
Never had any issues with any other cars including VAG group cars with not running A/C in cooler weather when it’s not needed.
But then again that big panel would look pretty blank without all the nice lights and pointless buttons right??

I’ll ask Porsche when it’s in on Friday for other ‘issues’ and see what they think. You never know there actually may be a fault with it as opposed to me actually pressing the buttons I paid for.
Totally agree. I’ve been driving for nearly 40 years and no car manufacturer has said “ we supply these buttons but whatever you do don’t touch them or you wont be able to see where you’re going or you’ll burn your knees “ , and to suggest this is normal sounds a bit strange to me. The Macan is a nice car, but both it and Porsche in general are not without their faults. Some people seem unable to accept that.

I haven’t looked yet but can anyone confirm that the manual also says “please avoid the pretty buttons, they’re just there to look nice “?
Last edited by Deleted User 4752 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4752

Pivot wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:19 pm Why spec and pay for auto temp control, if you pref manual fiddle?

My current Boxster has manual controls, and it is annoying having to fiddle, while ATC works so much better.
Where do you “spec” it?
TK421

Post by TK421 »

THHGTTG wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:23 pm
TK421 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:06 pm Why have a button to turn the A/C off or on if the system doesn’t work properly with it off?
Never had any issues with any other cars including VAG group cars with not running A/C in cooler weather when it’s not needed.
But then again that big panel would look pretty blank without all the nice lights and pointless buttons right??

I’ll ask Porsche when it’s in on Friday for other ‘issues’ and see what they think. You never know there actually may be a fault with it as opposed to me actually pressing the buttons I paid for.
Totally agree. I’ve been driving for nearly 40 years and no car manufacturer has said “ we supply these buttons but whatever you do don’t touch them or you wont be able to see where you’re going or you’ll burn your knees “ , and to suggest this is normal sounds a bit strange to me. The Macan is a nice car, but both it and Porsche in general are not without their faults. Some people seem unable to accept that.

I haven’t looked yet but can anyone confirm that the manual also says “please avoid the pretty buttons, they’re just there to look nice “?
It’s these cheap Porsches mate. Can’t risk pressing buttons. Maybe that’s why they got rid of the buttons and stuck a piece of Perspex there with nice lights underneath instead, who knows. I for one will keep pressing buttons as and when I need to. I will
Also continue to press the pedals (controversial), use the wipers and indicators, open and close the windows and sunroof via the buttons . I know I’m crazy but that’s the way it is. Ps (I also pressed the button for the boot release once, that actually worked as well)
In other news the comfort access door handles are garbage, now that’s a button that doesn’t seem to work at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank Fk you lot ain't pilot’s. “ Use the Button for landing gear? FO “ 😂

As you were chaps.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Deleted User 4752

TK421 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 pm

It’s these cheap Porsches mate. Can’t risk pressing buttons. Maybe that’s why they got rid of the buttons and stuck a piece of Perspex there with nice lights underneath instead, who knows. I for one will keep pressing buttons as and when I need to. I will
Also continue to press the pedals (controversial), use the wipers and indicators, open and close the windows and sunroof via the buttons . I know I’m crazy but that’s the way it is. Ps (I also pressed the button for the boot release once, that actually worked as well)
In other news the comfort access door handles are garbage, now that’s a button that doesn’t seem to work at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

As you were chaps.
🤣🤣🤣
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Here you go again

Why don’t you just go and buy your sons Mazda because you never have anything positive to say about yours own cars - it’s boring
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

TK421 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 pm

As you were chaps.
…and breathe…
You need to pick all those toys up now fella and put them all back in the pram… 😂😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Nella

Post by Nella »

I was also wondering why I couldn’t open the sunroof until my 11yo pointed out we didn’t have one?!!??!?!?