Nearly Ready to order a Macan…

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Re speed recognition - same as those folk that say they need ACC because of the emergency braking function (not suggesting you are one of them)

Traffic sign recognition is a cheap option on the face of it so I did get it on Macan but it was part of a bigger/more expensive pack on the 992 so didn’t bother yet funnily enough standard on my dogs new Ibiza !!

Can’t say I miss it on 992 but it is a nice to have option.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ My observation skills are excellent. Having driven in excess of 1.7 million miles during my life time, I have had no major accidents or driving problems.

The speed sign recognition facility is superb for incidences where vegetation obscurs signs.

Also when driving on unfamiliar roads, especially at night, when speed limits change regularly. 20, 30, 40, 50 on single carriageways and 40, 50, 60 on dual carriageways are common now. In some cases going from, for example, 30 to 20 then back to 30. Concentrating on other traffic, pedestrians, cyclists and obstacles mean you may miss a limit sign on unfamiliar roads.

Macans are deceptively fast too, being relatively quiet / insulated. So glancing at the permanently visible instrument dial confirms the limit on that section of road. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:28 pm ^^^ My observation skills are excellent. Having driven in excess of 1.7 million miles during my life time, I have had no major accidents or driving problems.

The speed sign recognition facility is superb for incidences where vegetation obscurs signs.

Also when driving on unfamiliar roads, especially at night, when speed limits change regularly. 20, 30, 40, 50 on single carriageways and 40, 50, 60 on dual carriageways are common now. In some cases going from, for example, 30 to 20 then back to 30. Concentrating on other traffic, pedestrians, cyclists and obstacles mean you may miss a limit sign on unfamiliar roads.

Macans are deceptively fast too, being relatively quiet / insulated. So glancing at the permanently visible instrument dial confirms the limit on that section of road. ;)
We haven’t exactly seen eye to eye on a lot of things, but I 100% agree with you on this one. Had it on my last car, it comes as standard on my son’s MX5 and I selected it as an option on my Macan and definitely think it falls into the “no brainer” category when it comes to options. Out in the sticks speed limits change for no obvious reason and the plod love hiding behind hedges. Its not a perfect system but it’s definitely worth the money IMHO
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

As seen or ....not! On the A36 trunk road today.

20220628_154408.jpg

What's the limit?

Fortunately I have SLR so knew in advance!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

The cars demand is massively exceeding supply and OPC's are getting very limited allocations. Why would they allocate a vehicle to someone who is not going for many options when they can easily allocate that same vehicle to someone who is spending far more money. I know if not really cricket, but they are in business to make money. As the allocations improve, they will be far more willing to accept lower specification orders.

I do think some options (should be your choice - of course) will pay for themselves when it come to selling time, and you can have the benefit of them during your ownership. Some options will only make marginal cost increases to the PCP monthly payment.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I may be wrong but I think they get allocations of each trim level. So its not like by giving someone a T they miss out on a GTS allocation.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

HertsMacan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:51 pm The cars demand is massively exceeding supply and OPC's are getting very limited allocations. Why would they allocate a vehicle to someone who is not going for many options when they can easily allocate that same vehicle to someone who is spending far more money. I know if not really cricket, but they are in business to make money. As the allocations improve, they will be far more willing to accept lower specification orders.

I do think some options (should be your choice - of course) will pay for themselves when it come to selling time, and you can have the benefit of them during your ownership. Some options will only make marginal cost increases to the PCP monthly payment.
If this were true then why not limit the production line to the GTS. The easiest model to get is the cheaper Macan T
Macan S MY 2023
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Just play them at their own game
Put in an option heavy order on an S
Once you have a build slot confirmed and lockdown comes then give them the configuration that YOU want
They are not holding back your allocation at that point.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

hood69 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:52 pm Just play them at their own game
Put in an option heavy order on an S
Once you have a build slot confirmed and lockdown comes then give them the configuration that YOU want
They are not holding back your allocation at that point.
Which works well until somebody ‘forgets’ to tell you that the spec is locked which has been known to happen and you end up with a car you can’t afford !!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:28 pm ^^^ My observation skills are excellent. Having driven in excess of 1.7 million miles during my life time, I have had no major accidents or driving problems.

I'm a great fan of the SLR option but having returned yesterday from a week's holiday in Scotland I'm not sure I would specify it if I lived there. One of Nicola Sturgeon's "great ideas" was a 40 (or sometimes 50)mph limit for HGVs. Not the place for a debate on that but the Macan SLR recognises the signs for this limit as a temporary speed limit which lessens the value of the option.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel