Blown Bose speaker

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:14 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:54 pm So I have what I thought was a blown front door speaker on the Bose system. A gentle “purring rattle” on the lower frequencies, particularly on talk radio.
However it turns out to be intermittent so now thinking it can’t be a speaker issue?
Has anyone else had similar??
My 2022 "S" went in for an oil change today and a software update on the Bose system was needed. Now I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm sure the sound reproduction is really much better, much more of a "surround sound".
I think it’s your imagination,😳i didn’t notice any difference after the update 🙊
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

2japs wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:34 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:14 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:54 pm So I have what I thought was a blown front door speaker on the Bose system. A gentle “purring rattle” on the lower frequencies, particularly on talk radio.
However it turns out to be intermittent so now thinking it can’t be a speaker issue?
Has anyone else had similar??
My 2022 "S" went in for an oil change today and a software update on the Bose system was needed. Now I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm sure the sound reproduction is really much better, much more of a "surround sound".
I think it’s your imagination,😳i didn’t notice any difference after the update 🙊
Just been sat in the car for 10 minutes listening to music, prior to the update I had thought of changing the balance/fader settings as the music was front biased but after the update the music is definitely very "surround sound" and can't notice any front bias at all. Or it might be my imagination ;)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:59 pm
2japs wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:34 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:14 pm My 2022 "S" went in for an oil change today and a software update on the Bose system was needed. Now I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm sure the sound reproduction is really much better, much more of a "surround sound".
Just been sat in the car for 10 minutes listening to music, prior to the update I had thought of changing the balance/fader settings as the music was front biased but after the update the music is definitely very "surround sound" and can't notice any front bias at all. Or it might be my imagination ;)
Of course it could be due to me being tone deaf 🤣🤣
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
crockers

Post by crockers »

Or did the OPC change the balance 🤣
2japs

Post by 2japs »

crockers wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:48 pm Or did the OPC change the balance 🤣
The only balance OPC’s change is your bank balance 🤪
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

crockers wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:48 pm Or did the OPC change the balance 🤣
No, balance exactly as it was. Been out and about today and definitely a big improvement, sounds like £900 extra now.