Blown Bose speaker

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

Four hours - yes absolutely crazy. I replaced the battery in my previous SD myself. Took well under an hour.

snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

Simple:
Open car boot - break time - remove underfloor panel - quick chat with pals about the Tinder date you had last night - unbolt Bose speaker - fag time - rotate Bose speaker - decide to put your playlist on to see how good the sound is - stare at battery and connectors for a few minutes - apply spanner - no, that's the wrong spanner - spend 5 minutes scouring workshop floor for appropriate spanner - your mates have put it in your sandwich - barstewards - remove spanner from sandwich - eat sandwich - cup of tea - whip battery out and fit new one in 4 minutes flat - take selfie to confirm new PB time - send car round for valeting. Total time = 4 hours.
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code - now locked in - PSU3UQ71
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Doesn't a replacement battery for a Macan have to be coded to the car though?
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:16 pm Doesn't a replacement battery for a Macan have to be coded to the car though?
What, exactly, does "coded to the car" mean? I've seen the phrase bandied about many times but have zero idea of its actual meaning.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
snipez999

Post by snipez999 »

More widely, coding lets you enable, edit or disable numerous functions of the car and ensure smooth communication between the relevant parts afterwards (an if, then, kind of thing).
Basic coding can be done by the average DIYer who has a suitable diagnostic tool for the job (bi-directional one such as the £350 Topdon Artidiag pro). PIWIS level this is not though.
In the case of a battery, specifically, it's to inform your Battery Management System that a new battery has been installed and that your Electrical Management System should therefore treat your new battery differently to your previous, aged, battery. Not sure if, on a Porsche, you;d also need to input data like battery serial number and nominal capacity etc as I've never done it on one, only a BMW.
Sounds hard but it's a few minutes, tops.
Range Rover Sport SVR
Crayon GTS on order for Sept '24!
Porsche Code - now locked in - PSU3UQ71
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

So I have what I thought was a blown front door speaker on the Bose system. A gentle “purring rattle” on the lower frequencies, particularly on talk radio.
However it turns out to be intermittent so now thinking it can’t be a speaker issue?
Has anyone else had similar??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:54 pm So I have what I thought was a blown front door speaker on the Bose system. A gentle “purring rattle” on the lower frequencies, particularly on talk radio.
However it turns out to be intermittent so now thinking it can’t be a speaker issue?
They are known to blow so suspect it it just that

Get it over to them to look at
On order

GT4 RS (track toy)

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:54 pm So I have what I thought was a blown front door speaker on the Bose system. A gentle “purring rattle” on the lower frequencies, particularly on talk radio.
My 2022 "S" went in for an oil change today and a software update on the Bose system was needed. Now I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm sure the sound reproduction is really much better, much more of a "surround sound".
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:14 pm
My 2022 "S" went in for an oil change today and a software update on the Bose system was needed. Now I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm sure the sound reproduction is really much better, much more of a "surround sound".
Thanks Scooby, I will make enquiries at the OPC 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:47 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:14 pm
Thanks Scooby, I will make enquiries at the OPC 👍
and again..........
On order

GT4 RS (track toy)

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S