Warning Lights, Dashboard Like A Christmas Tree!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Further to the above, OPC now dealing with the car as a "Recovery" issue. Fortunately I extended the warranty because the technician from Tonbridge called on Friday afternoon to report that the problem was one of the speed sensors had failed. Apparently any of these sensors differing by >1 mph causes all these warnings. He told me that they would replace all of the sensors and had I searched this forum for "speed sensors" instead of writing this post, I would have seen the excellent write-up on DIY replacement.
That said, don't mess with them yourself if you are under warranty!
Finally, good news. As suggested in the other post, these sensors have been an ongoing problem and Porsche have started providing upgraded replacements. I will get those fitted this week.

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Something similar here. I had the car parked up for 12 days during cold spell. On getting going the warning lights came on but the car drove normally. It was booked to an Indy for other issues so went there today and added this to list. Diagnosis two failed ABS Speed Sensors. Quoted £470 plus VAT to replace all four. I had to go to OPC for transfer case assessment. Car was a pig to drive losing almost all power when pulling onto roundabouts etc. Anyway transfer case is failing to be replaced in a month or so. The quote for replacing speed sensors £236 plus VAT. Oh and a CV joint is buggered.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm Something similar here. I had the car parked up for 12 days during cold spell. On getting going the warning lights came on but the car drove normally. It was booked to an Indy for other issues so went there today and added this to list. Diagnosis two failed ABS Speed Sensors. Quoted £470 plus VAT to replace all four. I had to go to OPC for transfer case assessment. Car was a pig to drive losing almost all power when pulling onto roundabouts etc. Anyway transfer case is failing to be replaced in a month or so. The quote for replacing speed sensors £236 plus VAT. Oh and a CV joint is buggered.
You haven't posted for a while, glad to see you're still around. Sorry to hear of the problems.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

On-Track wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:17 am
Tom 2000 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm Something similar here. I had the car parked up for 12 days during cold spell. On getting going the warning lights came on but the car drove normally. It was booked to an Indy for other issues so went there today and added this to list. Diagnosis two failed ABS Speed Sensors. Quoted £470 plus VAT to replace all four. I had to go to OPC for transfer case assessment. Car was a pig to drive losing almost all power when pulling onto roundabouts etc. Anyway transfer case is failing to be replaced in a month or so. The quote for replacing speed sensors £236 plus VAT. Oh and a CV joint is buggered.
You haven't posted for a while, glad to see you're still around. Sorry to hear of the problems.
They are only mechanicals and as long as the money doesn’t run dry it can always be sorted.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Thanks all for this thread!

I had the multiple warnings a while ago and had one sensor replaced then again this weekend after two hours driving.

Hopefully i can book in a nd get the others replaced next week.

It was close to stopping when i got to the destination and gear box failure came up but restarted to back into my parking space.

Drove home yesterday with 5 warnings for a while then gear box failure came up again but didn't stop the car.

Fingers crossed for a successful repair!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab