Macan Turbo PP

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Hi JC27

I think you are mixing up residuals with GFV on a PCP. From what you have said the GFV matters to you as you are PCPing the purchase. A higher GFV means your monthly payments are lower. At the end of the agreement most people will likely have equity in their Macan as the residuals are higher than the quoted GFV as the GFV is usually on the pessimistic side. As Kleynie points out the GTS is actually the slowest depreciating Macan model largely because it has quite a few of the extras people spec as standard. GTS models across all Porsche models are regarded as the sweet spot and least depreciating outside of the GT models.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

If you're looking pre-owned the GFV on a GTS might be lower as it's the outgoing model - the Gen 3 GTS has the faster engine from the previous Turbo, so perhaps lenders are expecting that to hit the values of Gen 2 GTS as everyone will want the newer engine.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
JC27

Post by JC27 »

Gents,

Appreciate your replies.

Arif you are right, it’s the GFV that matters. I’ve tried 3 different lenders and each one has suggested the final payment (Balloon at the end) on a GTS is worse off than something like an SQ5. This could be due to the inflated prices in the used market at the moment. This was on a 2017 Macan GTS.

I’ll be honest, my deposit is hovering around the 13-14k mark, and the monthly payments are different by over £150 on a Turbo/PP rather than a GTS, same mileage same APR. I do actually really like the GTS, but that’s a lot more money to be paying per month for a car thats 5 years old
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

In response to your fuel economy query.

My Turbo shows about 24 mpg but both Macan’s that I have had have a very optimistic readout, the actual is about 22 mpg best is a tad under thirty showing on a 150 mile non stop trip up the M6 and A73.

That is by no means having a very heavy foot all the time.

Thrashing a Turbo PP around the PEC showed below 10 mpg.

You do not buy a petrol Porsche and worry about fuel costs or maintenance costs.

You cannot put a price on the smile on your face each time you drive one.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:30 pm In response to your fuel economy query.

My Turbo shows about 24 mpg but both Macan’s that I have had have a very optimistic readout, the actual is about 22 mpg best is a tad under thirty showing on a 150 mile non stop trip up the M6 and A73.

You do not buy a petrol Porsche and worry about fuel costs or maintenance costs.

Just a quick point on the mpg readout on my gen3 S. I have measured the last 500 miles by litres of fuel put in and actual miles covered (mostly short journeys and running in). The readout is saying 24.2 mpg and I am actuating getting 23.8 mpg so very close to actual, in fact less than 2% delta. 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Jon A wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:49 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:30 pm In response to your fuel economy query.

Just a quick point on the mpg readout on my gen3 S. I have measured the last 500 miles by litres of fuel put in and actual miles covered (mostly short journeys and running in). The readout is saying 24.2 mpg and I am actuating getting 23.8 mpg so very close to actual, in fact less than 2% delta. 👍
Are you suggesting all those fines for misrepresenting mpg might actually have worked?!
FlyingDutchman

Post by FlyingDutchman »

Hi JC27,

I run a 2018 Turbo PP and personally find it spot on. We were looking at a GTS initially but test drove the Turbo PP before the GTS and whilst the GTS we subsequently test drove was a great car, there was no coming back from the combination of extra performance and GTS set-up of the Turbo PP.

In mixed driving city and motorway we probably average around 23-24mpg. If you’re sensible on a motorway drive 28-30 mpg is most definitely achievable.
Current
- Macan Turbo PP
- 997 GTS
- Mercedes Benz R107 300SL

Previous
- 993 Turbo X50
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Kleynie wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:22 pm Not sure where you are getting your figures from, but the GTS version of any Porsche is usually the slowest depreciating model. The Turbo PP is mostly a standard turbo with GTS running gear and seats, so why not just buy a GTS. However, the turbo PP is an awesome car, so crack on and enjoy!
You're right about the Turbo PP having GTS suspension but it also had extra horsepower compared to the standard Turbo. Can't remember how many but a search of the forum should provide the answer as there has been at least one member with a Turbo PP.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

On-Track wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:46 am
Kleynie wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:22 pm Not sure where you are getting your figures from, but the GTS version of any Porsche is usually the slowest depreciating model. The Turbo PP is mostly a standard turbo with GTS running gear and seats, so why not just buy a GTS. However, the turbo PP is an awesome car, so crack on and enjoy!
You're right about the Turbo PP having GTS suspension but it also had extra horsepower compared to the standard Turbo. Can't remember how many but a search of the forum should provide the answer as there has been at least one member with a Turbo PP.
Think it's the same as current GTS (434BHP)?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:27 am
On-Track wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:46 am
Think it's the same as current GTS (434BHP)?
Yes it did, but with a 3.6 litre V6 as opposed to the 3.0 litre in gen 1 GTS models hence a different power delivery curve.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags