Five details I would change on the Macan…

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

1. bigger storage box under armrest to accommodate mobile phone
2. more options to fill the centre console button blanks
3. better placement of sport plus button (solved on gen 3, and i have added a sticky rubber 'bump' on my Gen 1 button to aid finding it without taking eyes off the road)
4. lower ride height - Macan could easily ride 25-35mm lower and still be a comfortable ride with better handling
5. no can't think of a fifth

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Passenger seat memory buttons 'one touch' as it is when the door is open rather than 'push and hold' when door closed and in vehicle. I don't understand the germanic logic here...
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

bennachie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:52 pm Passenger seat memory buttons 'one touch' as it is when the door is open rather than 'push and hold' when door closed and in vehicle. I don't understand the germanic logic here...
Probably so you can't accidentally touch them whilst driving (perhaps dropped something and are fishing for it) and accidentally knocking your seat to a position where you can't operate the pedals/see/touch the floor idk :lol:
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

An Infotainment system that works and is integrated better with the My Porsche App.

Change the overhead switch console arrangement so that there is only Pano controls, all other switches to be on the centre panel where their ID can be seen.

Move armrest switches onto door face so they do not accumulate dust.

Design a centre armrest bin which accommodates a mobile phone.

A footwell designed with a place to rest ones left foot comfortably.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:33 am
..... A footwell designed with a place to rest ones left foot comfortably.
That was the only negative thing I noticed when I had the demo for a couple of hours. My left knee rubbed on the tunnel. My thought was "it'll be OK once a callus has formed" or I'll wear a knee protector :)
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Deleted User 4749

Post by Deleted User 4749 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:54 pm So a few days in and some feedback to Porsche 😂
1/ The rear view mirror is microscopic, ol it feels like I’m looking through a keyhole - make it wider!
2/ The armrest slides over the top of the cup holders so a problem if I have a drink on the go - swap around the little storage space thing with the cup holders and problem solved 👍
3/ make whatever on car play show in MFD!!!
4/ The electric window and mirror buttons are made for borrowers! For the love of God make them even slightly bigger…
5/ Put a button on steering wheel for going back not just forward for a music track or radio station - wasting the diamond button programme to do this is a waste!

Tiny little things, and I could do 20 things I really like (which I might do) but just wondered if these things bug others??
How do you manage to use the Arm Rest with both hands on the Steering wheel?? :shock:
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

HPC Eddy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:49 pm
Jon A wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:54 pm So a few days in and some feedback to Porsche 😂
1/ The rear view mirror is microscopic, ol it feels like I’m looking through a keyhole - make it wider!
2/ The armrest slides over the top of the cup holders so a problem if I have a drink on the go - swap around the little storage space thing with the cup holders and problem solved 👍
3/ make whatever on car play show in MFD!!!
4/ The electric window and mirror buttons are made for borrowers! For the love of God make them even slightly bigger…
5/ Put a button on steering wheel for going back not just forward for a music track or radio station - wasting the diamond button programme to do this is a waste!

Tiny little things, and I could do 20 things I really like (which I might do) but just wondered if these things bug others??
How do you manage to use the Arm Rest with both hands on the Steering wheel?? :shock:
Incredibly long arms. 😉
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Caster

Post by Caster »

With having a Gen 1 Macan SD I’ll give you two things I’d change on that model, two things I’d change on the newer models from just seeing it in showrooms and one thing which I think is on both – in that order.

1. Face level air vents in centre of dash and by driver’s door. All they succeed in doing is either cool or warm the back of your fingers or back of the steering wheel – unless you take up a heavily slanted to one side driving position! In fact the easiest way to get some air flow onto your face is to keep going round a roundabout to get air to pass between the steering wheel spokes!
2. Voice recognition – how a command of “Play artist Elvis” can suggest Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers singing Islands in the Stream is beyond me!
3. Width of new PCM display – looks nice in the dash but with being so wide it takes me through two focal lengths of my varifocal glasses so necessitates head movement to obtain clear focus from one side of it to the other!
4. Cubby hole in centre tunnel – why can’t it have a lid like on the Gen 1 cars? Would look far neater and safer if storing valuables there!
5. Cruise control stalk. Always been a problem for me as I often like to steer with my knee on the bottom of the wheel whilst using both hands for shaving, computer work, flossing my teeth etc. Sadly the knee can come into contact with the cruise control stalk resulting in application or cancellation of a set speed with the obvious safety issues that might bring! :)
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Caster wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:17 pm 5. Cruise control stalk. Always been a problem for me as I often like to steer with my knee on the bottom of the wheel whilst using both hands for shaving, computer work, flossing my teeth etc. Sadly the knee can come into contact with the cruise control stalk resulting in application or cancellation of a set speed with the obvious safety issues that might bring! :)
:lol: :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:45 am
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:33 am
..... A footwell designed with a place to rest ones left foot comfortably.
That was the only negative thing I noticed when I had the demo for a couple of hours. My left knee rubbed on the tunnel. My thought was "it'll be OK once a callus has formed" or I'll wear a knee protector :)
The rationale for this is the car being designed for left hand drive. The tunnel is narrower on the passenger side.

Most annoying thing between Macan I and II was the removal of the back/forward buttons below the PCM. For me, these were the most used buttons. Diamond key to the rescue - but that only solved one button. Good to see both buttons have been resurrected on the Macan III.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS