Five details I would change on the Macan…

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

So a few days in and some feedback to Porsche 😂
1/ The rear view mirror is microscopic, ol it feels like I’m looking through a keyhole - make it wider!
2/ The armrest slides over the top of the cup holders so a problem if I have a drink on the go - swap around the little storage space thing with the cup holders and problem solved 👍
3/ make whatever on car play show in MFD!!!
4/ The electric window and mirror buttons are made for borrowers! For the love of God make them even slightly bigger…
5/ Put a button on steering wheel for going back not just forward for a music track or radio station - wasting the diamond button programme to do this is a waste!

Tiny little things, and I could do 20 things I really like (which I might do) but just wondered if these things bug others??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I've had mine only a few days longer than yourself, and definitely agree with 1,2 and 3 of your list. In addition:

1- Carplay needs to be full screen. This is the absolute number 1 bugbear I have, I use Carplay all the time and the buttons are too small to easily press whilst on the move, it should be full screen!
2- The aircon is a bit crap. The central vents don't do much and it doesn't seem to get that cold or powerful. This will become more apparent when summer hits, I've read this is a common bugbear on the Macan
3- When I use a paddle to select a gear, I want it to stay in manual mode until I've finished playing, then be able to hold the upshift paddle to put it back into auto. It's muscle memory for me from my other cars, the steering wheel button is taking some getting used to
4- The transmission tunnel encroaches on where your left leg/foot should rest. This gets annoying on longer journeys and can get quite uncomfortable
5- I think I've honestly run out of negatives

In contrast, 5 things I love:

1- Burmeister stereo. It's worth every penny. If you're into music and wondering whether to or not, just do it
2- 18 way seats. I'm not small or skinny but I find them hugely comfortable and they look and feel great
3- The size is just about perfect. It feels big enough to be premium, plenty of interior and boot space yet it fits in parking spaces fine. This is a revelation after an RRS and a FFRR which don't fit well anywhere
4- The way it looks, inside and out. I'm over the moon with my spec, and having it all in Carmine with no black contrast, along with the black extended leather interior is, in my eyes, perfect
5- The way it sounds. When I had Nottingham's demo GTS I thought it sounded a bit crap. Now I've lived with mine I've realised that for a daily it's perfect, enough to remind you it's a special car/engine but almost silent wafting in normal mode. It's judged brilliantly, as long as you're not expecting full on sports car levels of noise
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Wotsits wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:52 pm

…things I love:

1- Burmeister stereo. It's worth every penny. If you're into music and wondering whether to or not, just do it
Glad to hear you like it. I’m really looking forward to getting my S and playing some decent hi-res music!.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Aircon is fine. you need to alter the default power in PCM
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

+1. The climate control system works fine when set up and used properly.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Agree re a/c - you need to go searching in the menus...
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

1. CarPlay should be full screen and on the dash, I don’t really want to use Porsches very average navigation.

2. Drivetrain taking up space in footwell for UK drivers grrr

3. The gearbox being very reluctant to move into first in comfort mode(still in 2nd at 5mph) making pulling away a big sluggish some times

4. Safety features should be standard

5. CarPlay buttons are needlessly small on such a big screen!(Dont know if this is an apple or Porsche thing tbf)
TK421

Post by TK421 »

BanZ wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:22 am 1. CarPlay should be full screen and on the dash, I don’t really want to use Porsches very average navigation.

2. Drivetrain taking up space in footwell for UK drivers grrr

3. The gearbox being very reluctant to move into first in comfort mode(still in 2nd at 5mph) making pulling away a big sluggish some times

4. Safety features should be standard

5. CarPlay buttons are needlessly small on such a big screen!(Dont know if this is an apple or Porsche thing tbf)
The carplay bit is what I’m not looking forward to the most, especially when moving away from this in my current vehicle.

21482734-AE16-4DBF-BAA9-A8B1C12F971F.jpeg

23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I don't know if it's a Gen 3 problem but I had a Gen 1 SD for five years and I've had my Gen 2 GTS for 20 months and the centre console cover has never moved unintentionally. It wouldn't matter for me though as I don't have drinks in the car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

On-Track wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:26 am I don't know if it's a Gen 3 problem but I had a Gen 1 SD for five years and I've had my Gen 2 GTS for 20 months and the centre console cover has never moved unintentionally. It wouldn't matter for me though as I don't have drinks in the car.
Agree it doesn’t move unintentionally but if you have a drink in the cup holder (and I do every day) you can’t slide the armrest forward which is where I find it most comfortable. If you do, you are either hitting the drink cup or hiding it away under the armrest 😕
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0