Video on Cayenne v Macan GTS's

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Interesting videos but both cars are stuffed with extras and the reviewer talks as if these items are standard.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Why spend time looking at Video Reviews when you can be out there driving your Macan/911/Boxster/??????

There is not one car that I have bought due to watching a Review.

The only way to know if a car is for you is to drive one.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:14 pm Interesting videos but both cars are stuffed with extras and the reviewer talks as if these items are standard.

Yes. perverse the way he complains about the leather on the Cayenne when I think his preferred Racetex /Alacantra is the standard on both GTS's.

However, neglecting that he grasps the sportier essence of the Macan with the greater space and hence luxury of the Cayenne
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:24 pm Why spend time looking at Video Reviews when you can be out there driving your Macan/911/Boxster/??????

Not when all the local garages were out of fuel due to protesters and you need your relatively full tank to drive from Sussex to Bolton on Tuesday!!! plus its Easter weekend and on the South Coast the Arundel and Chichester bypasses plus coastal roads are jammed solid
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Pretty pointless comparison in my view. From a UK perspective, and from my perspective, you’d only go for the Cayenne if you want/need the extra room as I did. Otherwise the Macan has it all.
Also, those cars are loaded with a huge amount of extras except, bizarrely, sunroofs. Once you load up the “necessary” extras the price difference doesn’t really justify the extra spend unless you need Cayenne size.
And, as mentioned in another post, the standard Cayenne interior is alcantara which looks a hell of a lot better than the truly hideous colour scheme of the vehicle on the video. Interesting that this is a show car.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Paul1970 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:47 pm Pretty pointless comparison in my view. From a UK perspective, and from my perspective, you’d only go for the Cayenne if you want/need the extra room as I did. Otherwise the Macan has it all.
Also, those cars are loaded with a huge amount of extras except, bizarrely, sunroofs. Once you load up the “necessary” extras the price difference doesn’t really justify the extra spend unless you need Cayenne size.
And, as mentioned in another post, the standard Cayenne interior is alcantara which looks a hell of a lot better than the truly hideous colour scheme of the vehicle on the video. Interesting that this is a show car.
Agree completely. Just two different cars fulfilling different briefs.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0