New battery

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

No, just an example. Mine is 95Ah. I cannot get a picture as I am 750 miles away from the car at present.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

bobajob

Post by bobajob »

So I also have the 'VW Audi' VARTA batter with BEM serial number sticker. Goes with the VAG Engine :) This is almost certainly the original battery as it was in the car when purchased at 2 years old from an OPC.

BAT.jpg

Macanboy

Post by Macanboy »

Maybe they ( not unusual like tyres ) use what ever buyers @ Porsche can get the best supply chain deal .
As said 12 v is 12 v .
The American forum suggest the cars work without any specific coding .The alternators and charging malarkey just figure it out .After all the batts start off new and gradually deteriorate over time .Nobody jumps in every few months “ coding “ the alternator to the now weaker battery in terms of holding charge as it ages .

Any how there’s a lot of Varta batted cars from OPC out there like mine .

Maybe they use the the “ moll “ spiel to whip none franchises car owners when they present with a cazoo or what ever car cap in hand begging for a OPC warranty …Dunno .

Nice to get to the bottom of this .
One forum members preaching Moll only while in the states and thus far on here U.K. inc mine they are Varta s .
His Boxster 987.2 + Ferrari GT4 .
Hers Macan SD
Previous pork = Cayenne S , 968 CS , 911 , even a 924 !
Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 360
6 Range rovers full fat + various Mercs + BImmers .
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

It does seem to be a bit of a racket, I'm sure there are a number of batteries of the correct technology and capacity that are suitable for the Macan, All they are lacking is the BEM code. One of these alternative batteries could be fitted and I suspect the only issue would be that an OPC will refuse to extend a warranty unless is is changed to a Porsche supplied item.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

bit like ad blue, when first launched all sorts of statements were being made about the danger, corrosive effect etc, now just run of the mill, is it just scare mongering?
RGS

Post by RGS »

Can someone explain how to get access to the battery. I have a Gen 2 Turbo and assume battery is boot located. I have the Bose Woofer installed under the boot space, the floor around it seems pretty well secured down and I'm a little reluctant to start trying to lift it unless that is the only way to the battery itself.
I have kept my battery well charged with a CTEC during lockdown and recently gave it a refurb which seems to have improved the battery's ability to hold a charge over long periods of inactivity.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I had the new battery fitted last week by my OPC, when I get back tomorrow I will check what has actually been fitted.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

RGS wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:29 pm Can someone explain how to get access to the battery. I have a Gen 2 Turbo and assume battery is boot located. I have the Bose Woofer installed under the boot space, the floor around it seems pretty well secured down and I'm a little reluctant to start trying to lift it unless that is the only way to the battery itself.
I have kept my battery well charged with a CTEC during lockdown and recently gave it a refurb which seems to have improved the battery's ability to hold a charge over long periods of inactivity.
I have bose and a spare wheel. To access the battery I have to remove the spare wheel completely, you will then see a lift up hatch just beyond the bose sub woofer, just lift that and you will see the battery.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:51 pm I had the new battery fitted last week by my OPC, when I get back tomorrow I will check what has actually been fitted.

Perhaps the diesels of this era had Audi batteries as they had Audi engines? I was told that Moll should be used in the GTS.
RGS

Post by RGS »

Thanks for the info, I have discovered the battery in my Gen 2 Turbo and it is a Varta 92AH factory fit Oct 2019