Vehicle Insurance (again)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

After a year of blameless motoring and not bothering my insurance company, I am rewarded by an increase of £18.31p to £457.03 for another years insurance. It's not so much the the money as the cheek of LV to just increase the price without explanation. They are 'delighted' that I chose LV for the last twelve months. When I have a couple of hours to spare, I'll do the usual searches but will probably stick with LV.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

The costs for insurers are not static. Not only do they face increasing energy and wage bills (like any other company) the projected costs for settling claims is also rising, from car replacement (used car market increase) to repair bills (Porsche labour rates sure aren’t reducing).
Not saying I necessarily agree with increased premiums but I certainly understand why.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Very few companies offer an explanation each time that the price of goods or services go up. ;)

And that’s ‘only’ a 4% increase, with inflation currently at around 6%, with it likely to be nearer to 10% later this year... :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

An increase of about 4% sounds fair in the face of increased employment costs, advertising, repairs and most of all, energy. It's probably relatively an overall reduction offset by their huge overhead and repair cost increases.

I'm with LV atm with the id3, and have been with them for about 4years now as they were good with my 'unusual' garage mix and multicar. As I've only one car now I'll shop around in a couple of months, as the new macan is going on saga whatever the policy cost 😂
Best, Ade

Incoming:
Papaya GTS build PPTLLZB0
Aurora Blue Cupra Born V3 77kW

Current:
BMW E92 330D Le Mans Blue

Previously loved:
2015 Sapphire Blue Macan SD
2014 Sapphire Blue 981S Cayman
2016 Racing Yellow 981GTS Cayman
Variety of ALPINA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Speak to a person to obtain the best deal after doing the online comparison.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:33 pm Speak to a person to obtain the best deal after doing the online comparison.
Alternatively, run some online quotes, input your contact details thoroughly, don't buy anything and await the calls....sometimes works with a better offer forthcoming or an offer to match the best deal you were offered elsewhere.
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

My point is that I foolishly thought that insurance is about risk. If I were 19 and drove a GT3 I am at a higher risk of crashing it than a nice chap in his very late 60's is of crashing his Macan having proven this over some years. LV also would like me to pay them £700 if some toerag stole it or a tree fell on it. It's not right and never has been but I guess I'll just have to swallow it and smile. Just like driving on our crap roads which are endlessly patched up. Budworth Lane close to me and often used by me has just been literally patched up two days ago. The patches are already crumbling at the edges but that's another topic.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I think the risk is more about the uninsured 19 year old crashing into you…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

Jon A wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:48 pm I think the risk is more about the uninsured 19 year old crashing into you…
^^^^ is fact, and Porsche repair bills are higher than average.

A pi$$ed up lady smashed the door mirror off my id3: just over £500 for the parts (essentially a door mirror and plastic cover, but contains adjusting, heated, puddle lit, folding mechanism) without labour (I did it myself) but that simple incident at no fault to me, and by someone who was uninsured would have cost around £1k to fix on a boggo VW if thrown into a bodyshop. And no paint damage to cover which is pricey on a Porsche. They have to cover their risks. I've always been more annoyed at the higher than average windscreen replacement excess for Porsche. Any answers on a postcard, please.
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Down to the car manufactures and the price they charge for parts, along with greedy solicitors at £250 per hour, many years ago the claims handler was the local insurance broker, now it's straight to the hands of a solicitor for anything, sign of the times.