Video playback on PCM?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I was watching a YT video and part way through shows them playing a movie/video on the PCM screen.

Looks like the screen shows it is connected via usb.

31773AAE-33A0-4B37-ADC8-D89D3362A209.png

Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

…so is PSE literally just that metal disc opening and closing?? There must be more to it than that - how else does it differ from standard??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Andy Lau very old school actor/singer that is as much as I know! 😂
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Not UK , different rules re ability to watch video on move?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:40 pm …so is PSE literally just that metal disc opening and closing?? There must be more to it than that - how else does it differ from standard??
Start up any Macan and the gate value opens and you get a lovely burble, drive off and when it changes to second the gate valve shuts.

PSE is a completely new exhaust system that provides zero performance gain, but it has two features (1) the ability to open and keep open the gate valves via the magic switch (2) a resonator aka a speaker attached to the bodywork to enhance the sound within the car.

Absolutely the best feature of a Macan with PSE is the Off button, PSE drones very annoyingly when cruising so its great to be able to turn it off.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:27 pm
Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:40 pm …so is PSE literally just that metal disc opening and closing?? There must be more to it than that - how else does it differ from standard??
Start up any Macan and the gate value opens and you get a lovely burble, drive off and when it changes to second the gate valve shuts.

PSE is a completely new exhaust system that provides zero performance gain, but it has two features (1) the ability to open and keep open the gate valves via the magic switch (2) a resonator aka a speaker attached to the bodywork to enhance the sound within the car.

Absolutely the best feature of a Macan with PSE is the Off button, PSE drones very annoyingly when cruising so its great to be able to turn it off.
Thanks Col, I thought there must be more to it for the extra £1,200 👍
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

…also if I’m reading you correctly, the gate valve will open on any Macan at start up and during first gear so the noise on start up (on the outside at least) is exactly the same for a PSE equipped car as it is for non PSE car??
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

You mention this a lot about the droning (should be in your sig with your spare tyre obsession ;) ).
This must be before GPF filters were fitted, cause mine doesn't drone at all, the exhaust is too quiet in my opinion.
Have you driven a Macan with GPF fitted Colin? I've not driven a Macan pre GPF so can't comment about the droning on those.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:36 pm …also if I’m reading you correctly, the gate valve will open on any Macan at start up and during first gear so the noise on start up (on the outside at least) is exactly the same for a PSE equipped car as it is for non PSE car??
That is what happens in my non PSE Macan but it is old and a very different engine to what is now fitted. A neighbour a few doors away commented that he likes the sound my car makes as I drive past his house.

It is a while since I have driven a PSE equipped Macan so cannot be sure if my comments will be entirely valid.

I drove 70 miles to test drive a Turbo with PSE and it sounded great but not great enough for me to shell out £1200 or whatever the cost was, as it is if I stamp on the loud pedal my car makes a pretty great sound inside the car.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:55 am
You mention this a lot about the droning (should be in your sig with your spare tyre obsession ;) ).
This must be before GPF filters were fitted, cause mine doesn't drone at all, the exhaust is too quiet in my opinion.
Have you driven a Macan with GPF fitted Colin? I've not driven a Macan pre GPF so can't comment about the droning on those.
Add the anti 8-way seats to the Col's signature too ! Best seats I've ever had are the 8-ways. I did extensive test drives with the 14 and 18-way options prior to my two purchases as well. :o

My GTS does not drone either with PSE, even when on the motorway. Standard fit on the GTS, including the off-button :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver