Python Green

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

There's a saying - You all laugh at me cause I'm different, I laugh at you cause you're the same.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

👍 I might adopt that as my motto in life!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

smithers-jones wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:50 am We all have them :lol:
Joking aside, have you seen Papaya in the flesh? I saw one in the showroom, as well as the one this week and, while I want to like it, I thought it was a bit disappointing in the flesh - it looks great on the configurator.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Screenshot 2022-03-26 082310.png

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

homerdog wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:32 pm
smithers-jones wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:50 am We all have them :lol:
Joking aside, have you seen Papaya in the flesh? I saw one in the showroom, as well as the one this week and, while I want to like it, I thought it was a bit disappointing in the flesh - it looks great on the configurator.
Off topic, but ok...

Not seen in the flesh, but seen 'real' images which has to do for now. Willing to take what is a small risk in our opinion to avoid black, white, grey and shades of. We've seen and driven the current blue hues and they don't work for us, and having just sold a very bright racing yellow and gloss black Cayman, don't think Papaya will disappoint. We had the same 'ooh, it's a bit out there for an SUV' comments and indeed thoughts before we bought our Sapphire SD, but we dropped lucky and saw one at the dealers as a rather tatty customer car both in bright sun and a dim workshop, so we committed to it as a result of what we saw: never regretted it and would do it again now if it were available.
Rarecolour wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:58 pm There's a saying - You all laugh at me cause I'm different, I laugh at you cause you're the same.
This rings true. I still struggle with bright green hues, though :) Anyone brave enough to do it; chapeau.
Best, Ade

Incoming:
Papaya GTS build PPTLLZB0
Aurora Blue Cupra Born V3 77kW

Current:
BMW E92 330D Le Mans Blue

Previously loved:
2015 Sapphire Blue Macan SD
2014 Sapphire Blue 981S Cayman
2016 Racing Yellow 981GTS Cayman
Variety of ALPINA
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Obviously colours and wheel styles etc are entirely subjective and I too am not keen on the monochrome look but entirely respect those who do want to go that way. There’s a couple of new cars on here in the last two days in white (I think) which look fab and a silver GTS with platinum wheels, also looks fab.
If we didn’t have folk choosing alternative looks we would all be driving volcano Macans with black Spyders or turbo wheels and then all individuality is lost!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

BigPhil wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:25 pm
smithers-jones wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:18 am It's a brave colour, and as a past owner of Racing Yellow, these colours are both attractive to those who wouldn't ever buy one, and difficult to resell as a result. I love 'brave' colours, but I think even I would struggle with all that green. It's very much a 'Florida car' where it looks great on the strip, but crap in Tesco's car park in November.
Spot on. I saw a Mahogany Macan (only one I've ever seen in the wild) over in Majorca and it looked absolutely fantastic in the Summer Balearic sun. Really popped. I do suspect it would look 'shit brown' over here in a weak November Blighty sun.
Coincidentally I saw a very dark brown metallic macan in Manchester yesterday....could be the same mahogany. The car was abit dusty but I thought it looked good, especially in the sun

Must be rare...the colour...and the sun in Manchester
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

homerdog wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:32 pm Joking aside, have you seen Papaya in the flesh? I saw one in the showroom, as well as the one this week and, while I want to like it, I thought it was a bit disappointing in the flesh - it looks great on the configurator.
We have an appointment to see a Macan S demo in Papaya in a few weeks. That'll make our minds up once and for all, and any input from others will no longer matter, good or bad. If Papaya isn't as appealing as we hope, that could pose an issue or two :cry:
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

smithers-jones wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:32 am
homerdog wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:32 pm Joking aside, have you seen Papaya in the flesh? I saw one in the showroom, as well as the one this week and, while I want to like it, I thought it was a bit disappointing in the flesh - it looks great on the configurator.
We have an appointment to see a Macan S demo in Papaya in a few weeks. That'll make our minds up once and for all, and any input from others will no longer matter, good or bad. If Papaya isn't as appealing as we hope, that could pose an issue or two :cry:
Whats the fallback colour if Papaya doesn't tickle your fancy?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:10 pm
Whats the fallback colour if Papaya doesn't tickle your fancy?
Genuinely struggling TBH. PTS isn't going to happen as that's a daft way for us to to blow £6228, and we can make far better use of that money.

So....it would come down to one of the whites (with a lot of work with options to make it interesting) or Dolomite: at least having seen that means I know what works with it. The wheel options would need careful consideration as there's no way I'm ever having gloss black wheels again.

Hoping Papaya makes our pickle tickle.
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA