Things you wish you didn't spec

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I was pretty sparing with the extras on mine, as lots of things were already included in the T spec. Nothing I wish I hadn’t specced. And 4 years on, I’d spec a 911 T just the same, including the colour, if they did a 992 T. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Caster

Post by Caster »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:20 pm I take it that your button therapy courses have not worked out well then Dave!

Haha - not quite Col + sad to see you can’t have the new haptic jobs lit up if you don’t have the feature!

We know you will not be happy until the interior looks like the Starship Enterprise

Haha - only button wise Col as my varifocals struggle to focus on both sides of the new wider PCM display at the same time as it is + I must look at the road sometime!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Controversial on this forum, but right now I’m struggling to see how life would have been any different without ACC. When I tried it out my car hit the brakes on the motorway and gave me a mini heart-attack. I just don’t have enough faith to rely on my car making the right decision every time. Plus, I get regular warnings that “systems may not work accurately” or words to that effect because the radar is dirty. So I could be a grand or so better off.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul1970 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm Controversial on this forum, but right now I’m struggling to see how life would have been any different without ACC. When I tried it out my car hit the brakes on the motorway and gave me a mini heart-attack. I just don’t have enough faith to rely on my car making the right decision every time. Plus, I get regular warnings that “systems may not work accurately” or words to that effect because the radar is dirty. So I could be a grand or so better off.
ACC is superb.

It will only jam on the brakes if someone cuts you up, otherwise you may need to adjust your driving style so as not to zoom up close to the vehicle in front before signalling and commencing your overtake.

Using the indicator earlier than perhaps one is used to, tells the system you are going to manoeuvre, at least it does on my Macan with the effect that it does not apply the brakes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Seventy Seven wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:14 am Interior lighting. Only have overhead and would welcome some footwell, etc ambient lighting…. When did this become optional?!
comes as standard now. You’re genuinely not missing much. Its really dull and when you’re driving its only bin lights in the doors, no footwell or ambient lighting.
Deleted User 4752

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:21 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm Controversial on this forum, but right now I’m struggling to see how life would have been any different without ACC. When I tried it out my car hit the brakes on the motorway and gave me a mini heart-attack. I just don’t have enough faith to rely on my car making the right decision every time. Plus, I get regular warnings that “systems may not work accurately” or words to that effect because the radar is dirty. So I could be a grand or so better off.
ACC is superb.

It will only jam on the brakes if someone cuts you up, otherwise you may need to adjust your driving style so as not to zoom up close to the vehicle in front before signalling and commencing your overtake.

Using the indicator earlier than perhaps one is used to, tells the system you are going to manoeuvre, at least it does on my Macan with the effect that it does not apply the brakes.
+1
Deleted User 4752

not sure I specced anything I don’t want. 2 things I wish I had specced are BOSE (or better) and the painted sports side skirt thingies. Its not really about look it’s just that they’d be a lot easier to clean than the unpainted plastic.
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:38 pm
Seventy Seven wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:14 am Interior lighting. Only have overhead and would welcome some footwell, etc ambient lighting…. When did this become optional?!
comes as standard now. You’re genuinely not missing much. Its really dull and when you’re driving its only bin lights in the doors, no footwell or ambient lighting.
👍
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:43 pm not sure I specced anything I don’t want. 2 things I wish I had specced are BOSE (or better) and the painted sports side skirt thingies. Its not really about look it’s just that they’d be a lot easier to clean than the unpainted plastic.
Painted side blades 👍
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Deleted User 4752

Seventy Seven wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:50 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:43 pm not sure I specced anything I don’t want. 2 things I wish I had specced are BOSE (or better) and the painted sports side skirt thingies. Its not really about look it’s just that they’d be a lot easier to clean than the unpainted plastic.
Painted side blades 👍
no, not the sideblades, the bits under the sideblades. The sport ones are a little more sticky-out. I’m actually ok with the standard sideblades. Helps my car is volcano so they aren’t all that obvious