Things you wish you didn't spec

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
simonm

Post by simonm »

As per title things you wish you did/ did not spec on your macan...

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

The ioniser. I've no idea if the button does anything or not!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

PaulR wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:29 pm The ioniser. I've no idea if the button does anything or not!
When I was going through my future spec at the OPC they said it took, something like, 3 hours to "de-ionise" the cabin. Who keeps it closed for that long? ;)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Zilch.

I only included what I wanted.

The only thing I ended up debating was PSE, after I drove a Turbo with it I discounted it, the best feature was the off button and the cost of it was the same as what a years road fuel would cost.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Interior lighting. Only have overhead and would welcome some footwell, etc ambient lighting…. When did this become optional?!
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Nothing.
It was my second so exactly what I wanted.
Although I wished the Turbo Exterior Pack had different wheels.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Caster

Post by Caster »

As I said in a previous post - I’m still needing therapy for a last minute addition of the headlamp wash feature on my SD approx 5 yrs, 5 months, 20 days & 2 hrs ago!

Cost me just over £100 which was a lot of money for a stingy Yorkshireman in those days! Used it twice - not out of necessity but just to see if it worked, so over £50 a squirt + it then took me a couple of minutes each time to wipe the excess spray off the bonnet, A pillar and roof!

I know I like buttons but this one sadly is out of sight (in fact it’s almost impossible to find unless you’re sat in the footwell!) so no obvious cosmetic advantage either.

Hopefully this “work of the Devil feature” is no longer on the configurator so I can’t be tempted or spec it by mistake in future👍

PS….contrary to views above - wish I’d specced the Ioniser even if it doesn’t have any effect! As, in those days, you got a button for it (worth their weight in gold!) but not sure now with all these haptic thingies!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Caster wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:31 am As I said in a previous post - I’m still needing therapy for a last minute addition of the headlamp wash feature on my SD approx 5 yrs, 5 months, 20 days & 2 hrs ago!

Cost me just over £100 which was a lot of money for a stingy Yorkshireman in those days! Used it twice - not out of necessity but just to see if it worked, so over £50 a squirt + it then took me a couple of minutes each time to wipe the excess spray off the bonnet, A pillar and roof!

I know I like buttons but this one sadly is out of sight (in fact it’s almost impossible to find unless you’re sat in the footwell!) so no obvious cosmetic advantage either.

Hopefully this “work of the Devil feature” is no longer on the configurator so I can’t be tempted or spec it by mistake in future👍

PS….contrary to views above - wish I’d specced the Ioniser even if it doesn’t have any effect! As, in those days, you got a button for it (worth their weight in gold!) but not sure now with all these haptic thingies!
I take it that your button therapy courses have not worked out well then Dave!

We know you will not be happy until the interior looks like the Starship Enterprise

193064BA-C266-4485-9A79-75B375D009DC.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
GTB

Post by GTB »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:20 pm
Caster wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:31 am As I said in a previous post - I’m still needing therapy for a last minute addition of the headlamp wash feature on my SD approx 5 yrs, 5 months, 20 days & 2 hrs ago!

I take it that your button therapy courses have not worked out well then Dave!

We know you will not be happy until the interior looks like the Starship Enterprise

193064BA-C266-4485-9A79-75B375D009DC.jpeg
Col Lamb,

Can you use both Apple and Android to interface with that screen? :lol: :lol:

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Wish I'd gone with deviated stitching, the money did go towards something useful in the house though.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)