Things you wish you didn't spec

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Seventy Seven wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:50 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:43 pm not sure I specced anything I don’t want. 2 things I wish I had specced are BOSE (or better) and the painted sports side skirt thingies. Its not really about look it’s just that they’d be a lot easier to clean than the unpainted plastic.
Painted side blades 👍
these bits. Seems you can get it as a package now. Couldn’t when I ordered mine

242F03C0-2DC2-479D-8E62-5C57E14866EF.jpeg

PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:38 pm
Seventy Seven wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:14 am Interior lighting. Only have overhead and would welcome some footwell, etc ambient lighting…. When did this become optional?!
comes as standard now. You’re genuinely not missing much. Its really dull and when you’re driving its only bin lights in the doors, no footwell or ambient lighting.
Ambient lighting is standard, you get the overhead ‘horseshoe’ light, door panel and footwell lighting. The ambient light button on/off switch is on the overhead switch console. You can adjust the brightness by holding onto the button and it cycles through the intensity levels. Only comes in white colour though.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:21 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm Controversial on this forum, but right now I’m struggling to see how life would have been any different without ACC. When I tried it out my car hit the brakes on the motorway and gave me a mini heart-attack. I just don’t have enough faith to rely on my car making the right decision every time. Plus, I get regular warnings that “systems may not work accurately” or words to that effect because the radar is dirty. So I could be a grand or so better off.
ACC is superb.

It will only jam on the brakes if someone cuts you up, otherwise you may need to adjust your driving style so as not to zoom up close to the vehicle in front before signalling and commencing your overtake.

Using the indicator earlier than perhaps one is used to, tells the system you are going to manoeuvre, at least it does on my Macan with the effect that it does not apply the brakes.
Yea, ACC is pretty decent and one of my must-haves.
Showing its age now though.
It would endlessly annoy me that a car pulling in in front me had to be fully in the lane before the car would notice, then brake hard to maintain distance. Other systems spot the other car doing this well in advance and pull back smoothly.
It also wouldn't slow/stop for a car stopped in front of it - needed to be moving, so using it to slow/stop at an already red light needed some intervention.
Nothing disastrous, but as I say, showing its age.

ACC - a miracle of 2013/2014, but a bit brain dead in 2022.

Does Porsche offer the map-assisted ACC on the Macan now (the one where it slows for tight corners, etc) ?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Seventy Seven wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:14 am Interior lighting. Only have overhead and would welcome some footwell, etc ambient lighting…. When did this become optional?!
My car was pre-specced and sitting in the showroom new when I bought it. It doesn't have interior lighting, other than the horseshoe, but admit it came as a great shock after buying to find out that the vanity mirrors don't even have lighting, on a £65k car! Never crossed my mind to check for it, when buying?

Even my pals van has it! :roll:
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

nsm3 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:47 am
My car was pre-specced and sitting in the showroom new when I bought it. It doesn't have interior lighting, other than the horseshoe, but admit it came as a great shock after buying to find out that the vanity mirrors don't even have lighting, on a £65k car! Never crossed my mind to check for it, when buying?

I know, right?! They Gen 3’s do ( definitely S and GTS, I don’t know about the base ) have them as standard now. What amazes me is that Porsche give you “free” mats but charge you for vanity lights and auto-dipping mirrors.

The horseshoe light absolutely can’t be considered ambient lighting by any standard. It doesn’t matter how dim you make it, its just staggeringly distracting. Even on my old beemers you had red lighting in the cabin that was “projected” onto the centre console. The Macan doesn’t have ambient lighting. It has a distraction on the roof and really dull door bin lights and footwell lights that don’t come on until you open the doors. Its really, really old fashioned and a bit rubbish.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Omni do yourself a favour and dump your Macan as you think so poorly of it. Your constant moaning about Porsche and the Macan in particular says it's not for you.

Perhaps get a Dacia as I'm sure it has the crucial to you vanity lights. :roll: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:03 am
nsm3 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:47 am

I know, right?! They Gen 3’s do ( definitely S and GTS, I don’t know about the base ) have them as standard now. What amazes me is that Porsche give you “free” mats but charge you for vanity lights and auto-dipping mirrors.

The horseshoe light absolutely can’t be considered ambient lighting by any standard. It doesn’t matter how dim you make it, its just staggeringly distracting. Even on my old beemers you had red lighting in the cabin that was “projected” onto the centre console. The Macan doesn’t have ambient lighting. It has a distraction on the roof and really dull door bin lights and footwell lights that don’t come on until you open the doors. Its really, really old fashioned and a bit rubbish.
The door panel lights light up the door handles and window/mirror switch area (not talking about door bin light) and footwell lights remain on all the time when the headlights are on. It doesn't come on any other time. You definitely dont need to wait to open the doors to activate it. Check again. I agree the ambient light is primitive compared with other brands nowadays.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:18 am Omni do yourself a favour and dump your Macan as you think so poorly of it. Your constant moaning about Porsche and the Macan in particular says it's not for you.

Perhaps get a Dacia as I'm sure it has the crucial to you vanity lights. :roll: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he likes his car, he's just a wind up merchant. Nobody would put up with a car if they thought of it like he does!
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

There is an option on the forum to 'Foe' a member. If anyone doesn't like someone's 'opinion' just Foe them rather than making what come across as personal comments against them.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:35 am There is an option on the forum to 'Foe' a member. If anyone doesn't like someone's 'opinion' just Foe them rather than making what come across as personal comments against them.
If he can moan, anyone can comment, it's called life. Not seen anything said that's out of order against him yet.

I'm not into that adding a foe saftness.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)