Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:07 pm ^^^ Has Bath been relocated to Scotland?!! :lol: :o
I was joking you know... :D
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

RGS

Post by RGS »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:39 pm Just got my NFU renewal, was £560 will be £680.

Time to shop around.
Mine was £494 and went up to £622. Now just set up Direct Line Plus at £568. They insure up to 96 years of age ( not that I'm quite heading that way just yet ) but NSU stop insuring at age 80 which is a lot closer.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

PorscheMack wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:15 pm
SAC1 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:07 pm ^^^ Has Bath been relocated to Scotland?!! :lol: :o
So was I, unless Bath was towed there overnight by a Sturgen@!!@
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:49 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:15 pm
So was I, unless Bath was towed there overnight by a Sturgen@!!@
🤣
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

NFU increased their quote by 140% - from £500 to £1200
They don't want this business.
Try LV, they quoted me just under £300. Full comp, protected NCB, 9 years NCB.
They are also Which? Number 1 recommended insurer, a slot that was long held by NFU.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:56 pm Jeez! My Admiral quote is under £300! Are you guys in Moss Side?
A lot of people quote insurance premiums on here with no mention of many of the vital factors in pricing eg age, NCD, location, use private or business, occupation, cleanliness of license, claim deduction excesses, and increasingly important, annual mileage
Last edited by pmg on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
RGS

Post by RGS »

In 59 years of motoring, I have only made one claim and that was for a cracked windscreen and I've driven thousands of miles in different countries across the world accident free. I'm prepared to have a large voluntary excess in the event of a claim to help keep the premium down. I live in a country town surrounded by countryside and farmland, only need social and domestic cover and insure for up to 9000 miles / annum. My problem now is age and most insurers start to add a premium when you get to retirement age, so after many years of cheap insurance, thing's start going up in the wrong direction regardless of your driving record. Having a high value vehicle compounds the problem especially if it is recognised as a performance car. Just because we have a few years behind us, doesn't mean we are all old codgers that wander aimlessly onto the wrong carriageway of a motorway or can no longer park. I have now had 4 visits to the PEC in recent years, always enjoy the experience, confirm my responses are still sharp and come away with good feedback from the instructors. So it's a bit frustrating to be categorised in an age group by insurers that is considered to be more accident prone and that might explain why some of us are paying higher premiums than others with similar vehicles.
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/12/ca ... d-in-2022/

This I imagine this will put everyone's insurance premiums up anyway to make up for the lost money through ending the loyalty penalty.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

RGS wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:45 pm In 59 years of motoring, I have only made one claim and that was for a cracked windscreen and I've driven thousands of miles in different countries across the world accident free. I'm prepared to have a large voluntary excess in the event of a claim to help keep the premium down. I live in a country town surrounded by countryside and farmland, only need social and domestic cover and insure for up to 9000 miles / annum. My problem now is age and most insurers start to add a premium when you get to retirement age, so after many years of cheap insurance, thing's start going up in the wrong direction regardless of your driving record. Having a high value vehicle compounds the problem especially if it is recognised as a performance car. Just because we have a few years behind us, doesn't mean we are all old codgers that wander aimlessly onto the wrong carriageway of a motorway or can no longer park. I have now had 4 visits to the PEC in recent years, always enjoy the experience, confirm my responses are still sharp and come away with good feedback from the instructors. So it's a bit frustrating to be categorised in an age group by insurers that is considered to be more accident prone and that might explain why some of us are paying higher premiums than others with similar vehicles.
Some insurers will give a discount for IAM qualified drivers. I have used IAM’s partner insurance broker to good effect quite often on renewal. They will also price match up to a point.

And doing the IAM course will improve driving skills as well as proving ongoing abilities as we get older.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Not a big believer in IAM. There's a guy I work with who proudly shows off his badge and mentions it whenever he can, he's one of the worst drivers I've ever shared a ride with!
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)