Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RGS

Post by RGS »

Just a heads up, I know a lot of you guys out there insure with NFU ( excellent company), but I have just received my renewal to discover my premium has increased by 26% for no apparent reason. After a couple of phone calls and some lame excuses but no movement on the new price, I have jumped ship and gone elsewhere. It was not the money, but the fact that they increased the premium by such a large percentage with no explanation that persuaded me to leave. Has anyone else had the same experience recently with this company ?

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yes. Massive increase for my 911 and they added the requirement for a tracker. It’s clear they have radically changed their business case and/or risk profile away from cars like ours. Switched to City Insurance.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Try Classicline. I use for my 911, competitive, good cover and agreed value. My renewal has landed and gone up £8.
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Admiral have been amongst the cheapest quotes I’ve been able to obtain year after year. However, different insurers are competitive for different people depending on the insurers own weird and wonderful algorithms. NFU for example were always well rated on here but were significantly more expensive for me. I see Porsche offer their own insurance but I guess that’s guaranteed to be extortionate.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
RGS

Post by RGS »

Porsche Insurance is hugely expensive, they gave me a quote in 4 figures for my Macan Turbo, then kept reducing it bit by bit as the start date got closer but never got lower the the high £900's !!!. They only have a 3 stars Defaqto rating, so probably best to avoid. I finished up with Direct Line, they give good cover and a competitive premium. But I guess there are so many things insurers consider when calculating their premiums that it pays to shop around and see who is best for your own circumstances.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just got my NFU renewal, was £560 will be £680.

Time to shop around.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Jeez! My Admiral quote is under £300! Are you guys in Moss Side?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Paul1970 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:29 pm Admiral have been amongst the cheapest quotes I’ve been able to obtain year after year. However, different insurers are competitive for different people depending on the insurers own weird and wonderful algorithms. NFU for example were always well rated on here but were significantly more expensive for me. I see Porsche offer their own insurance but I guess that’s guaranteed to be extortionate.
Likewise for NFU and have used Admiral in the past. Last 3 years it's been LV= as the best value and cover for me. The GTS ins has been similar to my SD's premium, yet a more valuable and powerful model. So in real terms it's gone down in price. Now £326.49. :)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:57 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:29 pm Admiral have been amongst the cheapest quotes I’ve been able to obtain year after year. However, different insurers are competitive for different people depending on the insurers own weird and wonderful algorithms. NFU for example were always well rated on here but were significantly more expensive for me. I see Porsche offer their own insurance but I guess that’s guaranteed to be extortionate.
Likewise for NFU and have used Admiral in the past. Last 3 years it's been LV= as the best value and cover for me. The GTS ins has been similar to my SD's premium, yet a more valuable and powerful model. So in real terms it's gone down in price. Now £326.49. :)
One of the benefits of living in the Outer Hebrides :D
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ Has Bath been relocated to Scotland?!! :lol: :o
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver