Electric steering column removed?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Sorry if discussed before, but has the electric steering column been removed from the 14 and 18 way seat option on the gts?

It used to say

14-way Comfort front seats with memory package £1044
Comprising:
- four-way lumbar support for driver and front passenger as well as electric adjustment of seat squab depth
- electric adjustment of the steering column
- seats in smooth-finish leather
- mirror courtesy lighting
- exterior mirrors with parking aid (kerb view parking aid)
- memory function for seat position settings of driver and front passenger, steering column and exterior mirror positions and settings for lights, wipers, air conditioning, door locking, instrument cluster and PCM. Can also be recalled using the additional memory buttons in the door

but steering column is no longer mentioned ?

Cheers,

Ryan

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Very interesting. Same on the S. When I ordered mine last year the OPC told me that a number of cars were being delivered with manual adjustment with the part retro fitted, so looks like this may have been/be one of the part issues.

Not impressed if it gets removed yet the price remains the same.
Macan S MY 2023
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

Thank you for highlighting this. When I specced a Gen 2 up last year it was listed.
Our test drive 2 weeks ago in a Gen 3 had the electric column adjustment.
Nothing was mentioned when we ordered on 14th Jan
I shall be asking questions in the house tomorrow
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

PowerMalc wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:27 pm Thank you for highlighting this. When I specced a Gen 2 up last year it was listed.
Our test drive 2 weeks ago in a Gen 3 had the electric column adjustment.
Nothing was mentioned when we ordered on 14th Jan
I shall be asking questions in the house tomorrow
No problem. Let me know what they say. I think if I stick with my gts order I've come to the conclusion I need to spec the comfort seats. I thought oh well at least it will get the electric steering column making it easy to switch between myself and the wife. Very annoyed if its been removed, specially without a cost adjustment
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Me too. I’ll see if I can find the old web page on the net and paste in here if I do
Macan S MY 2023
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I mentioned on another thread that the centre console containing the SD Card slots and SIM will be fitted retrospectively.

When I enquired about this with my dealer, they said that they have a list of recalls for parts that were not fitted at the time of manufacture, so the steering wheel column may just be another one to fit some time in future.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah, but this has been removed from the configurator.
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

They really should put up a banner or message box when something is removed. The GT wheels were obvious but I specced this months ago and would have no further need to read the detail again. This is the first I’m hearing of it and now wonder what else is deleted.
Not good enough in my view.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Very bad. They’ve done a good job where it’s buried because the web page history captures can’t get that deep into the site. The electric steering has completely gone on every spec. However, they haven’t managed to remove it from the online manual:

DB132C73-CBD0-479F-83F1-332D34C35857.jpeg

Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

There is a grey Gen 3 S sat in OPC Tonbridge. That definitely has electrically adjustable steering and the extra SIM and SD slots and also a power socket hidden under the small mat between the cup holders and the storage between the seats.

IMG_20220125_1303154.jpg

IMG_20220125_1303223.jpg