Electric steering column removed?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Perhaps we’ll all end up with EV versions when they run out of engines. I jest, but this is actually an important feature for me :(
Macan S MY 2023

MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Before Xmas many Taycan were being delivered without the electric steering adjustment but it dealer fix as soon as the parts came into stock. Fingers crossed this is the same as the Macan but I have a feeling with the Macan being towards the bottom end of the Porsche chain they’ve decided to delete it altogether until parts are plentiful.
pmg

Post by pmg »

There was an article in the Financial Pink one yesterday saying the semiconductor crisis is getting worse, not better, with stocks at an all-time low.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

pmg wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:29 am There was an article in the Financial Pink one yesterday saying the semiconductor crisis is getting worse, not better, with stocks at an all-time low.
I have also read a few articles in the last couple of days stating the semiconductor crisis is at an all time low and could get even worse still, threatening the shutdown of many more automotive production lines even those that have been riding it a little so far, such as the VW group. :o
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Perhaps more important and less obvious, this means comfort access will not be available..........the wheel moves away when the ignition is switched off then the seat moves on door opening....................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The answer isn’t going to be to remove features though. There’s only so far I would go with that before cancelling the order.
Macan S MY 2023
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

bennachie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:13 am Perhaps more important and less obvious, this means comfort access will not be available..........the wheel moves away when the ignition is switched off then the seat moves on door opening....................
This feature is still shown in the item description, I think 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Verrrry interrresting - in the words of Arte Johnson........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Hang on ! Mine doesn't have the SIM or SD card slots! (whatever they're for?) :-)