Gen 3 Rear Seatbelt Sensor Issue

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
nswallace

Post by nswallace »

Hi All,

I've been a long time user of this site but have not posted until now, so apologies as now asking for help/info!

I took delivery of a Gen 3 GTS last month which is an amazing car but I have an issue that I want to check if others are experiencing. When rear passengers exit the car but I don't turn the engine off (e.g. dropping kids off at a friends house where they get out whilst car is still running but stopped), the rear seat belt warning indicator beeps for the next minute wen I pull away as it has not recognised that the passengers have left the vehicle.

I was wondering if it's a gen 3 software glitch or unique to my car and the sensors are faulty? I'm assuming the tech is the same as in Gen 1/2 and so shouldn't be an issue as not new kit etc

Be great to hear if anyone else has had the same problem?

Thanks in advance for any comments and help

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

nswallace wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 pm Hi All,

I've been a long time user of this site but have not posted until now, so apologies as now asking for help/info!

I took delivery of a Gen 3 GTS last month which is an amazing car but I have an issue that I want to check if others are experiencing. When rear passengers exit the car but I don't turn the engine off (e.g. dropping kids off at a friends house where they get out whilst car is still running but stopped), the rear seat belt warning indicator beeps for the next minute wen I pull away as it has not recognised that the passengers have left the vehicle.

I was wondering if it's a gen 3 software glitch or unique to my car and the sensors are faulty? I'm assuming the tech is the same as in Gen 1/2 and so shouldn't be an issue as not new kit etc

Be great to hear if anyone else has had the same problem?

Thanks in advance for any comments and help
Unfortunately it is not just your car many on the forum have the same issue, I’m sure if anyone has found a cure apart from having to switch the engine off they will let you know.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Have a read of this thread on the US Macan forum.......think it’s the same problem as you’re experiencing.

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/rear ... st-2644606
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
nswallace

Post by nswallace »

thanks both, I assume it wasn't an issue on Gen 2? My neighbour has a Gen 2 Turbo and not experienced it
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

No such problem on my Gen 2 S
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Does pressing the "back" button on the steering wheel, under the one for end/refuse a telephone call not clear it? It seems to clear most error messages I see.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
nswallace

Post by nswallace »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:26 pm Does pressing the "back" button on the steering wheel, under the one for end/refuse a telephone call not clear it? It seems to clear most error messages I see.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Have raised with my OPC who claimed he's not heard of it being a Gen 3 issue!
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

I have the same issue with mine. No cure yet except turning the engine off or waiting 1 min for the alarm to turn off.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Mine does it too
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Had it happen in my Macan II as well.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)