Tweet from Andrew Frankel auto journalist tonight

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Plyphon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:30 am
Isleaiw wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:56 pm
Plyphon wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:57 pm I do love an RS4 but their attractiveness to thieves and their low residuals meant it wasn't a car for me. The new ones cost more once you've added a few key options than a well specced Macan GTS.

Shame, because they look fantastic,
£30k depreciation on mine over 4 years and 32k miles according to the GFV (that's between what I paid and GFV). I'm happy to live with that....

Cost more - list price or what you pay? Mine (Carbon Black edition, Comfort and Sound, sports exhaust, red calipers, metallic - no pan roof as I dont like them!) was less than a decent specced S when I bought it 15 months ago....
I was recently given a deal at £73k for a very similar spec, but GFV was a fair bit lower from memory. It worked out closer to £1000 a month where as a Macan GTS is around £800!

Id be very interested in hearing how you got the price closer to a Macan S, although 15 months ago is a lifetime ago in terms of car prices and all the nonsense going on with chip shortages etc!
Indeed, different times. It was a stock car, and I the dealer was doing a good deal - and I got an even better one.... think I paid just over £64k. Been offered £62k plus now ..... which would be tempting if I knew what else to buy in its place. I did add a decent specced S, when I recently specced one I got to £65k easily (matching the spec on the Audi mainly).

The 3 brands I've not yet had which are on my bucket list are Porsche (but the Macan isnt for me, I prefer estates and I cant justify a Taycan), Jaguar (who dont seem to do estates any more - or cars with grace, space and pace...) or Alpina (looked at a B3 but the costs of those are horrendous as residuals quoted are shocking!)

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Indeed, that is a fantastic deal. I would snap one up today at £63k and cancel my Macan GTS!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Plyphon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:35 pm Indeed, that is a fantastic deal. I would snap one up today at £63k and cancel my Macan GTS!
And WBAC have just offered £65.5k for it - given I don't really need 2 cars, it is very tempting..... I can manage 6 to 9 months for a new one to be delivered......
pmg

Post by pmg »

Isleaiw wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:44 pm
Plyphon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:35 pm Indeed, that is a fantastic deal. I would snap one up today at £63k and cancel my Macan GTS!
And WBAC have just offered £65.5k for it - given I don't really need 2 cars, it is very tempting..... I can manage 6 to 9 months for a new one to be delivered......
but will your dog be happy?? ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

pmg wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:46 pm
Isleaiw wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:44 pm
but will your dog be happy?? ;) ;)
very - when she comes in the Mini she comes in the front footwell..... but if it was a longer term thing, I'll get a cover and harness and she can go on back seat, strapped in.

Whether she will then ever get back in a carrier in the boot is another matter!