Porsche Owners Club

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Having placed my order for a Macan S last year I am eagerly awaiting its arrival but realise its going to be quite a few months away.
If Covid hadn't happened I would probably have bought a 911 or Cayman by now but instead bought a low mileage Audi TT to use as our second car, Can just about get the two Grandkids in the TT and its a great drivers car.
Sold my 70 plate F Pace for more than I paid for it and I am excited to be getting a proper performance SUV,
Id like Ito join the Porsche Owners club too and probably take my car mad Grandson on some club nights or National Events but wonder if the Macan S would be welcome as its not what you would call a traditional Porsche sports car. Any other Macan owners on here joined the club?

PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

You would be welcome at any Porsche club event, local regions and national events.
There is a large register section in Porsche Club GB with over 600 Macan owners.
I will continue my membership going from my current Boxster 981 S to a Macan S
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
pmg

Post by pmg »

petew0557 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:37 pm Having placed my order for a Macan S last year I am eagerly awaiting its arrival but realise its going to be quite a few months away.
If Covid hadn't happened I would probably have bought a 911 or Cayman by now but instead bought a low mileage Audi TT to use as our second car, Can just about get the two Grandkids in the TT and its a great drivers car.
Sold my 70 plate F Pace for more than I paid for it and I am excited to be getting a proper performance SUV,
Id like Ito join the Porsche Owners club too and probably take my car mad Grandson on some club nights or National Events but wonder if the Macan S would be welcome as its not what you would call a traditional Porsche sports car. Any other Macan owners on here joined the club?
PCGB has a Macan register. I have only just joined and have not yet attended any physical meetings yet but planning to do this summer, mainly garage visits in their southern region. I did attend a Macan register Zoom call one evening this week which was interesting
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Thanks for feedback. I will join up
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Were were out and about in the Midlands going to the PEC and came across a gaggle of Porkers on a Club jolly, mainly 911 and Caymen but a few Pannies and a brace of Macan’s.

So yes worth a punt.

Unless they have changed policy do not necessarily expect competitive fees from the linked insurance company, they told me their insurance was basically for the weekend warrior brigade, ie car out of garage, drive to meet, drive home, wash and clean, put away till next meet plus club events.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I regularly attend PCGB meetings in my Macan S, no problems in fact we did a weekend away to Dumfries in it to drive the EVO triangle roads, I was very pleasantly surprised as to how the car handled it. There about 5 members in our region who use their Macan’s .

I got an insurance quote from the affiliated Insurance company, & it was not competitive, however I do use them to insure to insure my Boxster, as they provide excellent cover, and level of service combined with track day cover.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I joined PCGB a while back and found them to be a friendly bunch.

Met up with a guy who was also on this forum at the time. He then had a white Macan GTS with PCCBs, and a 991.1 GTS. Turned out he had been the previous owner of my 991.1 C2! He recently took delivery of a brand new 992 GT3 in Shark Blue.

My favourite time with PCGB was a weekend drive up to the Yorkshire Dales. Great fun!

I think when I retire, I might re-join, as would then have more time to attend events etc.

Cheers,

FBC086FA-91DD-4F34-9EA2-8C5ACE4F5625.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I'm also a (newish) member - region R16. Been to one event to visit the garage of Paul Howells at Symonds Yat and attending a breakfast meeting tomorrow.
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I saw on their website that they are offering an Esso fuel card that they claim saves you money. Has anyone on here got one?
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Mines on its way or should be when I return from holl’s.
Got a call from the rep to basically question my usage, mileage etc. As it says it’s a fuel card, and that’s the method of payment, via a pin code. And then the money is debited from your bank account. Only a slight niggle, it’s only for fuel, so if anything else is purchased, it has to be paid for separately.