Advice/recommendations on selling a Gen3 Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
james718gts

Post by james718gts »

I’m looking for some advice/recommendations for selling my gen3 Macan S.

Due to changes in my job role, I’ll be receiving a company car towards the end of March/early April and will no longer be able to drive my personal car for work purposes.

Does anyone have any contacts that they’ve sold cars to in the past and have a good experience? I’ve had a few offers from OPCs but keen to explore what else is out there.

Keen to hear any views/insights on the best way of selling (I’ve only ever sold 5 year old+ Porsches privately).

Thanks in advance

Ps, thankfully I’ll still be able to use my Mrs’ Macan when it arrives later in the year! I’ve fallen head over heels for my gen3 and it will be a reluctant sale.
Current: Macan S (PPHWIVP8) and 997.1 C2S
Deposit: M3 Touring, 992.2 Carrera T
Sold: 718 GTS4.0, 987.1 B, 987.2 S C, 718 C, 718 S C, MX-5 RF D

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Thats flippin awful - GLWS
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Motorway get a good review. I used them to sell my Jag, very easy and was bought by a dealer for good money.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Checkout Wizzle, Motorway and Cazoo. also if possible/practical cancel your wife’s order and keep your current Gen3
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Why not just cancel the Wife’s Macan order?

As for selling your S, post it on Motorway, WBAC, put a basic add in Autotrader, then wait.

Do not accept first offers, if they want it the price will go up.

One of the members here works for one of the buying Companies (not the above) and their first offer was slightly above WBAC but after a couple of weeks WBAC were £2k more.

I had about five offers from Motorway higher than WBAC and so they seem to be the one to beat

Local OPC quoted the same as WBAC but as yours is a gen 3 do try a few OPC’s
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
james718gts

Post by james718gts »

Thanks for comments so far. Seems Motorway is one to check out. Has anyone tried sales or return agreements with non OPC dealers?

Trust me, I’ve explored getting the Mrs into my S but she’s (stubbornly) insisting if she’s getting into a Macan (which I’ve had to twist her arm to do…) it’s exactly to her specs which happens to be the opposite the opposite to mine… I’ve given up trying in short.

Thanks
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

I live in Merseyside, Wigan is only 9 miles away. There is a Car Sales Garage there called Motorclass. Google it.
They currently have some stunning cars for sale which include 2 Macan S's. I was close to buying one of them before i put my order in for a new one.
They maybe worth a punt if you are wanting to sell. www.motor-class.co.uk
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

I've got the contact details of the Sytner buyer. Can't say whether he'll offer you the best price but both me and my cousin sold our cars to Sytner via him.

Very straightforward. Contacted him to ask if interested in car. Provide details of the car. Tell him what how much you're looking for. He comes back with an offer. If accepted he comes to check the car to make sure it is as you say it is. Collection arranged. Any finance is cleared and remaining equity is in your bank before they take the car.

PM me or happy to post here.
james718gts

Post by james718gts »

MrBaozi wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:56 pm I've got the contact details of the Sytner buyer. Can't say whether he'll offer you the best price but both me and my cousin sold our cars to Sytner via him.

Very straightforward. Contacted him to ask if interested in car. Provide details of the car. Tell him what how much you're looking for. He comes back with an offer. If accepted he comes to check the car to make sure it is as you say it is. Collection arranged. Any finance is cleared and remaining equity is in your bank before they take the car.

PM me or happy to post here.
Thanks - please post if you’re happy, thanks :)
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Try this dealer, they’re based in Wakefield. I’ve never dealt with them but they are very well known in these parts. You can request a quote online with them.

https://www.purecars.co.uk/