Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Pull them off and get them powder coated!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:48 pm
I’ve been looking at those aswell, is it me or can you only get the 43 GLC with chrome window surrounds? I really don’t like chrome. :D
I test drove the GLC43 and really didn't warm to it. In fact, i figured if that was among the best mid-size sports SUVs you can buy, then I needed to re-evaluate the type of vehicle I needed. Then I drove the Macan.

As for chrome window surrounds, I don't mind them, it's the Tinsel Town interior that I really couldn't live with ;)
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
resjud

Post by resjud »

It’s strange how much value is being placed on the pre-delivery process for cars when compared to other premium products.

If I buy a business class airline ticket rather than an economy ticket on a budget airline, or if I book a two Michelin starred restaurant rather than the local pub, the very limited communication I receive in advance of the flight or the meal is exactly the same as it would be had I chosen the cheaper option. I have parted with money for a ticket or deposit in exchange for the opportunity to experience a premium product or service in the future and I do not expect to receive anything other than essential communications in advance of my arrival at the airport or restaurant.

Similarly, with a Porsche, during the period when my deposit is refundable in full, I would expect to be treated no differently to a customer at any other car dealership and only to be updated when there is a substantive update to be given.

I appreciate that the date of a flight or a meal is fixed at the point of sale, whereas the delivery date of a car is not, but we are all made aware when we pay our £3,000 deposit that build dates are subject to many variables and, save for the lucky few, we are not given any fixed date. It is not as though we enter the purchase process without knowing this.

The difference between ordering a Porsche and another brand comes when the vehicle arrives, when we experience the superior drive compared to other cars, when we take that last look at the car at night and acknowledge the smile it puts on our face every time we drive it. In the same way, the difference with the business class flight comes when we have space and comfort and free-flowing wine, and with that restaurant comes when we experience impeccable service and memorable, unique food. The difference does not come with the email reminding us of our booking, and nor do we expect that it should.

Do other manufacturers make you feel more special during the purchasing process? Perhaps they do, but then Wetherspoons sends me many more emails than Le Manoir and EasyJet reminds me of its constant sales far more than Virgin invites me to book an Upper Class seat. Does that mean I am more valued by Wetherspoons and EasyJet than I am by Le Manoir and Virgin, or does it simply mean that the former are more desperate for my business than the latter and more uncertain that I really want to buy their products and services…?
Macan S delivered Jan 2022: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7N8UC1
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

resjud wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:11 am It’s strange how much value is being placed on the pre-delivery process for cars when compared to other premium products.

If I buy a business class airline ticket rather than an economy ticket on a budget airline, or if I book a two Michelin starred restaurant rather than the local pub, the very limited communication I receive in advance of the flight or the meal is exactly the same as it would be had I chosen the cheaper option. I have parted with money for a ticket or deposit in exchange for the opportunity to experience a premium product or service in the future and I do not expect to receive anything other than essential communications in advance of my arrival at the airport or restaurant.

Similarly, with a Porsche, during the period when my deposit is refundable in full, I would expect to be treated no differently to a customer at any other car dealership and only to be updated when there is a substantive update to be given.

I appreciate that the date of a flight or a meal is fixed at the point of sale, whereas the delivery date of a car is not, but we are all made aware when we pay our £3,000 deposit that build dates are subject to many variables and, save for the lucky few, we are not given any fixed date. It is not as though we enter the purchase process without knowing this.

The difference between ordering a Porsche and another brand comes when the vehicle arrives, when we experience the superior drive compared to other cars, when we take that last look at the car at night and acknowledge the smile it puts on our face every time we drive it. In the same way, the difference with the business class flight comes when we have space and comfort and free-flowing wine, and with that restaurant comes when we experience impeccable service and memorable, unique food. The difference does not come with the email reminding us of our booking, and nor do we expect that it should.

Do other manufacturers make you feel more special during the purchasing process? Perhaps they do, but then Wetherspoons sends me many more emails than Le Manoir and EasyJet reminds me of its constant sales far more than Virgin invites me to book an Upper Class seat. Does that mean I am more valued by Wetherspoons and EasyJet than I am by Le Manoir and Virgin, or does it simply mean that the former are more desperate for my business than the latter and more uncertain that I really want to buy their products and services…?
All well and good, but if you book a table at Le Manoir for a date in March, or seats in Virgin Upper Class for a date in April, then find out through a third party that they can't actually accommodate you until sometime in September....
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The only thing I’d say to all this is that there are very few vehicles available in less than 12 months at the moment and it seems to be getting worse not better. Some Jags were 6 months a while ago and just about their whole range is now 12 months. If there really is still a semi conductor shortage then it’s shameful. IMO I also believe that COVID has been used as a convenient excuse for delays and for providing poor customer service across the spectrum. I actually now ring companies after using comparison sites for things like insurance just to ensure that they will actually answer the phone if I needed them. It’s like we’ve stepped back in time to the 1970s.
Macan S MY 2023
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:55 pm
Dannyp wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:50 pm
Madelvic wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:58 am

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy?
Then it's "Omni" alright. The "Omni-cognate ..." was a supercomputer in the Hitchhikers book :-)
We have a winner! I think that deserves a bonus prize, help yourself to a 2022 Volcano S with steel springs, amongst other shortcomings. :lol:
:D :D :D Thanks! I collected it yesterday! Had to have an early night after wearing myself out driving all day! :D I'll try to work out how to send phots etc :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Skyway wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 am The only thing I’d say to all this is that there are very few vehicles available in less than 12 months at the moment and it seems to be getting worse not better. Some Jags were 6 months a while ago and just about their whole range is now 12 months. If there really is still a semi conductor shortage then it’s shameful. IMO I also believe that COVID has been used as a convenient excuse for delays and for providing poor customer service across the spectrum. I actually now ring companies after using comparison sites for things like insurance just to ensure that they will actually answer the phone if I needed them. It’s like we’ve stepped back in time to the 1970s.
Some companies that I deal with have an auto-reply to every email that’s been in place for nearly two years now, along the lines of ‘We apologise that we may not be able to respond in line with our usual service standards, due to an unusually high level of demand at present’ or words to that effect. :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Cancelling due to perceived poor communications is cutting your nose off to spite your face. And you don’t get to own and experience the best medium size SUV there is.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:48 am
Skyway wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 am The only thing I’d say to all this is that there are very few vehicles available in less than 12 months at the moment and it seems to be getting worse not better. Some Jags were 6 months a while ago and just about their whole range is now 12 months. If there really is still a semi conductor shortage then it’s shameful. IMO I also believe that COVID has been used as a convenient excuse for delays and for providing poor customer service across the spectrum. I actually now ring companies after using comparison sites for things like insurance just to ensure that they will actually answer the phone if I needed them. It’s like we’ve stepped back in time to the 1970s.
Some companies that I deal with have an auto-reply to every email that’s been in place for nearly two years now, along the lines of ‘We apologise that we may not be able to respond in line with our usual service standards, due to an unusually high level of demand at present’ or words to that effect. :roll:
Ah yes, so so annoying. Unusually high demand starts at 3 seconds past opening time and finishes 3 seconds before closing. And the bit where the messages say ‘we understand your delay but please be assured we know you’re waiting’. And then after about an hour you simply get cutoff. I recently travelled on a major airline and actually never got through to them once!
Macan S MY 2023
Hertsman

Post by Hertsman »

Old Chimer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:46 am
resjud wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:11 am It’s strange how much value is being placed on the pre-delivery process for cars when compared to other premium products.

All well and good, but if you book a table at Le Manoir for a date in March, or seats in Virgin Upper Class for a date in April, then find out through a third party that they can't actually accommodate you until sometime in September....
Further, if you find out subsequently that the posh restaurant you booked had given other people poor service or served fatty meat on occasions, might you book an alternative restaurant?