Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Customer experience is very subjective. Some demand updates every week whereas some are ok with 'update me when there is an update to update'. I'm in the latter and my experience with OPC (Silverstone in this case) have been perfectly acceptable. I emailed last week to ask for an update on the situ (rather than where my Macan is) and got called yesterday with an apology for the late reply due to being off ill and then proceeded to update where I am on the wait list and what time period I can expect a build slot. It was a lot different to how some others have painted about SE's not wanting or being able to provide updates. It may not be what i wanted to hear but at least it was a plausible update I got. So now I know where I am in the queues for a GTS
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!

Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:49 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:38 pm In fairness, Sweetmeister, it does sound as if your experience of Porsche customer service (or lack of it)) has been worse than most on here. :(

Good luck with whatever you decide to buy! 👍
Yep. Just make sure it's not a Porsche!!
Its not the brand, they dont own the dealerships...... well not all of them!

I ordered a Macan GTS in 2017, Solihull if I recall as they gave me a shorter wait time. I reckon I am a pretty undemanding customer, but honestly they gave the impression that they were doing me a favour selling me the car and the experience was shocking. When I cancelled - with reception as they couldnt get hold of the SE - he never rang me to discuss, just got my deposit back about 3 weeks later, not even a note in with the cheque....

I hope you have better experience. Since I have bought 2 Audis (SQ5, RS4) and one BMW (M5) with a much better experience in all cases. Maybe if the dealers had tried a bit harder then I'd be in a Taycan Cross Turismo now....
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Having watched this topic like many others end up as complaining about OPC’s. I wanted to share a view back on topic.
After 6 weeks my only comment is that coming from two Diesel Macans I am worried that my spotless driving record could be spoilt as with the new S it is very easy to find myself exceeding speed limits and needing to be a little more vigilant .
It is still a brilliant car and the son in laws are seriousness impressed.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Jonnyw wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:52 pm Having watched this topic like many others end up as complaining about OPC’s. I wanted to share a view back on topic.
After 6 weeks my only comment is that coming from two Diesel Macans I am worried that my spotless driving record could be spoilt as with the new S it is very easy to find myself exceeding speed limits and needing to be a little more vigilant .
It is still a brilliant car and the son in laws are seriousness impressed.
Comfort mode for 30 zones definitely helps - although once I’m out of the running in period and get more used to letting my foot go maybe it won’t be so easy anymore :)
Hertsman

Post by Hertsman »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:15 pm I think that if they did a survey of people who had ordered a Macan and split it between those that had been on the forums and those that hadn't, the Hadn'ts would be much more satisfied with the ordering experience.

Before finding this festering pit of angst I would have just accepted the 6 month delivery and wouldn't have spent endless hours changing my spec and believing any of the personal opinions spouted.

Social Media - eh ! :lol:
Fair comment and probably very true. There is always going to be a minority that have issues/problems. When somethings not right we go to town on it, when is good - that's just what we expected and rarely say anything.

Would like to clarify though - I have not ordered a Macan because its a "Porsche", I have no interest in chasing badges. I ordered a Macan because I really like the look of it and my head turns every time i see one on the road. I would have ordered one if it was made by any German brand. I just didn't realise the complacent attitude that appears to come with a Porsche and its really a shame. They are nice but are they really that much better to warrant the price, running costs, and manner in which the OPC's treat us?

Maybe I'll stick with it and flip it for a profit! :o
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Hertsman wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:17 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:15 pm I think that if they did a survey of people who had ordered a Macan and split it between those that had been on the forums and those that hadn't, the Hadn'ts would be much more satisfied with the ordering experience.

Before finding this festering pit of angst I would have just accepted the 6 month delivery and wouldn't have spent endless hours changing my spec and believing any of the personal opinions spouted.

Fair comment and probably very true. There is always going to be a minority that have issues/problems. When somethings not right we go to town on it, when is good - that's just what we expected and rarely say anything.

Would like to clarify though - I have not ordered a Macan because its a "Porsche", I have no interest in chasing badges. I ordered a Macan because I really like the look of it and my head turns every time i see one on the road. I would have ordered one if it was made by any German brand. I just didn't realise the complacent attitude that appears to come with a Porsche and its really a shame. They are nice but are they really that much better to warrant the price, running costs, and manner in which the OPC's treat us?

I understand where you're coming from. I still look at the offers that DriveTheDeal have on 43 GLC s and think should I ?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Cobnapint

Post by Cobnapint »

Only if you can stand the chintzy steering wheel.
MY23 Macan S
2012 Cayenne Diesel
2009 997.2 C4S Cab pdk
2006 997.1 C2S Man
2006 SLK 350 (factory collect)
2004 350Z
1999 Audi TT 225
1990 944 Turbo (250)
1990 Celica GT4
Hertsman

Post by Hertsman »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:45 pm

I understand where you're coming from. I still look at the offers that DriveTheDeal have on 43 GLC s and think should I ?
Hummmm - you got me looking at them now!
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Couldn’t agree more. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:45 pm

I’ve been looking at those aswell, is it me or can you only get the 43 GLC with chrome window surrounds? I really don’t like chrome. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D