Read and weep...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

spook wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:08 pm Wo Ho Wing Commander you still here !!!
Same old Porsche problems with delays and prices rises .

How many miles do you have on your T now ?

Sold my 911 in May 21 due to not being able to drive it during lockdown and it was just sitting in the garage so we bought and RSQ3 Sportback .
Her indoors is looking at next change for another Macan S hopefully the wait won't be 18 months this time !!!!!!
So I'm back reading the threads etc

Hey Spook! :)

Yep, still here! I got my T on 6th April 2018. Currently around 37,500 miles on the clock! :D

Good luck with the order for the new Macan S!

Now the sweet spot in the range, in my view! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:36 pm Just spoken to the sales manager at Nottingham who has been excellent to be fair in terms of comms. He tells me that he has not had this notification but will check directly with PGB and come back to me (I will post response)
He also tells me that they have not had problems with BOSE for several months now.
Any news on this yet? :D
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PorscheMack wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:23 am
Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:36 pm Just spoken to the sales manager at Nottingham who has been excellent to be fair in terms of comms. He tells me that he has not had this notification but will check directly with PGB and come back to me (I will post response)
He also tells me that they have not had problems with BOSE for several months now.
No afraid not. I do know that Porsche are very slow to respond to the OPC sometimes…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I wouldn't be too surprised, when I almost ordered an X5 a couple of months ago I was told that BMW have removed the Harmon Kardon system as an option due to chip shortages. There were some other things also affected, I think the comfort pack(?) for the same reason.

Fingers crossed it doesn't affect the Burmeister, If the above is true then any doubts I had about the value of it will be alleviated. When I last spoke to the sales guy last week he checked on the system and confirmed my GTS is still scheduled to be built in Feb and the spec is locked.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Wotsits wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 pm I wouldn't be too surprised, when I almost ordered an X5 a couple of months ago I was told that BMW have removed the Harmon Kardon system as an option due to chip shortages. There were some other things also affected, I think the comfort pack(?) for the same reason.

Fingers crossed it doesn't affect the Burmeister, If the above is true then any doubts I had about the value of it will be alleviated. When I last spoke to the sales guy last week he checked on the system and confirmed my GTS is still scheduled to be built in Feb and the spec is locked.
The issue is that it will still be built on time but without the relevant parts to fulfil total completion. It will then sit for a number of weeks until parts can be procured to complete 😳
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Jon A wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:29 pm
Wotsits wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 pm I wouldn't be too surprised, when I almost ordered an X5 a couple of months ago I was told that BMW have removed the Harmon Kardon system as an option due to chip shortages. There were some other things also affected, I think the comfort pack(?) for the same reason.

The issue is that it will still be built on time but without the relevant parts to fulfil total completion. It will then sit for a number of weeks until parts can be procured to complete 😳
I've got everything crossed that isn't the case! Hopefully if it were to be then I'd get some sort of heads up from the OPC? Perhaps too much to ask for!

I'm currently borrowing cars to get by as the expected delivery of March meant it wasn't worth buying a stop-gap. If that were to be pushed out by a couple of months due to shortages I think I'd have to fold and get a GR Yaris as a stopgap (wanted an excuse to buy one since they were announced). That would be a slippery slope...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

“Hello, Litchfield Motors...” ;)
Simon

Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:24 pm “Hello, Litchfield Motors...” ;)
:lol: I think I'd be in trouble for that one. I already have my Clio Trophy track car on the drive, I'm not sure how I'd justify another hot hatch!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Wotsits wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:24 pm “Hello, Litchfield Motors...” ;)
:lol: I think I'd be in trouble for that one. I already have my Clio Trophy track car on the drive, I'm not sure how I'd justify another hot hatch!
Sensible shopping trolley/wolf in sheep’s clothing... ;) :twisted:
Simon

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PorscheMack wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:23 am
Ok so just had a call from sales manager, Dominic Bath at Nottingham (they and Dominic in particular have been excellent) and he has spoken to Porsche UK and relates the following:
General semi conductor shortage affecting many parts BOSE in particular. There will be at least a six week delay to completion dates if this option is specced. They can’t guarantee other components won’t be affected but BOSE definitely will.
Apparently matrix headlights are/going to be deleted for other models where these apply for the same problem.
My build was already locked with Bose at dealer level but doesn’t receive its factory build code until Monday (build date is 2nd week in February) so Porsche have allowed me to change this one component if I want to before then, hence his call.
I have elected to delete Bose and replace with sports chrono as the stereo was never a big deal for me.
Hope this helps but do check with your own OPC’s.
Jon