Read and weep...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wotsits
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Wotsits » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:20 pm

Thanks for the info Jon, really useful to hear it almost first hand.

fingers crossed this isn't extended to more components!

Jon A
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:24 pm

Wotsits wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:20 pm
Thanks for the info Jon, really useful to hear it almost first hand.

fingers crossed this isn't extended to more components!
He didn’t mention Burmister but then I didn’t ask as this was never an option for me 😂
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

PorscheMack
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by PorscheMack » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:33 pm

I have a March build and need to lock-in my spec by late February. I suppose it's possible by then the Bose issue could be resolved. I'll wait and see but will drop from my spec if there's any delay to my order.

MrBaozi
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm

Post by MrBaozi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Wotsits wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 pm
I wouldn't be too surprised, when I almost ordered an X5 a couple of months ago I was told that BMW have removed the Harmon Kardon system as an option due to chip shortages. There were some other things also affected, I think the comfort pack(?) for the same reason.

Fingers crossed it doesn't affect the Burmeister, If the above is true then any doubts I had about the value of it will be alleviated. When I last spoke to the sales guy last week he checked on the system and confirmed my GTS is still scheduled to be built in Feb and the spec is locked.

Unfortunately the Burmeister could be affected. Porsche are prioritising standard options over optional. For the Taycan they have deleted both the matrix headlights and the Carbon ceramic brakes as options. Only way to get them is buy a car where they come as standard. The reason behind a possible delay with the Burmester is while I was collecting my car the SE told me had a customer who ordered before me a near identical car but with the optional Burmester. While I was enjoying my new car that car was still in Germany waiting for parts with the dealer non the wiser of when it would arrive.

PorscheMack
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by PorscheMack » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 pm

Any new news on this as my OPC knows nothing about any additional delays but said they would be notified when my build gets scheduled in.. Logically if there's still a six week delay then that will run concurrently with the build cycle not an additional six weeks on top surely?

Jon A
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm

PorscheMack wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 pm
Any new news on this as my OPC knows nothing about any additional delays but said they would be notified when my build gets scheduled in.. Logically if there's still a six week delay then that will run concurrently with the build cycle not an additional six weeks on top surely?
I suspect, as with many examples on here, the car will be built to schedule and then “quarantined” until missing parts arrive into stock? Who knows it’s Porsche… 😂
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

MrBaozi
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm

Post by MrBaozi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:04 pm

Jon A wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm
PorscheMack wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 pm
Any new news on this as my OPC knows nothing about any additional delays but said they would be notified when my build gets scheduled in.. Logically if there's still a six week delay then that will run concurrently with the build cycle not an additional six weeks on top surely?
I suspect, as with many examples on here, the car will be built to schedule and then “quarantined” until missing parts arrive into stock? Who knows it’s Porsche… 😂
Fortunately it seems Porsche has changed tact and followed everyone else by removing options rather than waiting. Originally the plans back in June were to wait for the parts to come in stock. I suppose they hoped the chip issues would’ve eased somewhat. Clearly that hasn’t happened with all unfinished cars sitting in the factory, ports and dealerships. I spoke to my OPC on Friday and she said my car is still on course for the Feb build with all options I ticked off inc Bose intact. She was also aware that some customers have had to change their spec (GT design wheels on non GTS models).

Jon A
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:22 pm

MrBaozi wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:04 pm
Jon A wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm
PorscheMack wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 pm
Any new news on this as my OPC knows nothing about any additional delays but said they would be notified when my build gets scheduled in.. Logically if there's still a six week delay then that will run concurrently with the build cycle not an additional six weeks on top surely?
I suspect, as with many examples on here, the car will be built to schedule and then “quarantined” until missing parts arrive into stock? Who knows it’s Porsche… 😂
Fortunately it seems Porsche has changed tact and followed everyone else by removing options rather than waiting. Originally the plans back in June were to wait for the parts to come in stock. I suppose they hoped the chip issues would’ve eased somewhat. Clearly that hasn’t happened with all unfinished cars sitting in the factory, ports and dealerships. I spoke to my OPC on Friday and she said my car is still on course for the Feb build with all options I ticked off inc Bose intact. She was also aware that some customers have had to change their spec (GT design wheels on non GTS models).
On the face of it that’s good news. I have to say though that I don’t think the OPC has the faintest idea about what parts May be short. I had to ask specifically about BOSE and the sales manager told me it was far from easy to find out. He had to go through Porsche UK and they in turn had to ask a specific question to Germany!
He’s a good guy and told me the situation straight as told to him.
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

User avatar
Neil1911
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Post by Neil1911 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:25 pm

Some folk sometimes just expect too much...
2020 S: another Volcano Grey, 18" Macan Wheels +Spare, 14 way seats, ACC, Air Susp, PASM, Roof rails, Heated Screen & Front Seats, 75l tank, Comfort Lighting, PS+, Rev camera.
PNIX29HA ordered, 11 Jan 2022 @ Stockport.

sepbemi
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:44 am

Post by sepbemi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:57 pm

FWIW (based upon Sweden), I received a call today from my dealer telling me the status was V300 but due to lack of parts (Bose) the delivery will be delayed but she didn’t know for how long.

Post Reply