Macan S - Sports Exhaust

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb
Posts: 7634
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Post by Col Lamb » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:12 am

PSE best feature, the Off button.

Stick your foot down in a non PSE S and you will get the engine growling.

Look at it another way the £1700 you spend on PSE is a year’s motoring cost.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

hood69
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by hood69 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:30 am

Button for sports exhaust and heated seats are easily most used buttons for me.
Would always spec it.

Jon A
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:45 pm

My mates Gen2 GTS sounds just the same as the Gen3 version I test drove and that is same engine config as current S if that helps…
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16143
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:42 pm

hood69 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:30 am
Button for sports exhaust and heated seats are easily most used buttons for me.
Would always spec it.
Agreed. Sport Mode (with PSE), heated steering wheel, heated seat and go! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

User avatar
Pivot
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by Pivot » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 am

It depends, if you want to ride in stealth mode, then no need for PSE. However, if you want to get your hair stand on your neck, PSE is a feature.

I wouldn’t have a Porsche without PSE. Then rather get a Tesla (where is Petersky when you need him)?
Expecting: 911 Carrera S - PNHZDZN2
Current: 718 Boxster, Ducati TK01-RR
Ex: Macan S gen II, BMW R nineT

Tracky
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:23 am

Pivot wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 am
It depends, if you want to ride in stealth mode, then no need for PSE. However, if you want to get your hair stand on your neck, PSE is a feature.

I wouldn’t have a Porsche without PSE. Then rather get a Tesla (where is Petersky when you need him)?
😂
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

User avatar
mueslibrown
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by mueslibrown » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:40 am

Chilly winter days, pano roof fully open, heater on full blast and PSE in full chorus 🙌🏼 … unless you are blasting down a motorway.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose

Rarecolour
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Rarecolour » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 am

Imo the sound from my Macan ll Turbo is pretty poor even with the valves open, far too quiet. And with them shut, at idle I've even had to check the stop/start hasn't kicked in at traffic lights.
Wonder if the standard exhaust is tuned the same a closed valve PSE, or valve open PSE.
This may have been covered through the thread, I best check really :D
2021 Macan Turbo

Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

User avatar
Neil1911
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Post by Neil1911 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:34 am

Rarecolour wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 am
Imo the sound from my Macan ll Turbo is pretty poor even with the valves open, far too quiet. And with them shut, at idle I've even had to check the stop/start hasn't kicked in at traffic lights.
Wonder if the standard exhaust is tuned the same a closed valve PSE, or valve open PSE.
This may have been covered through the thread, I best check really :D
I'm sure I haven't seen such a comparison in the couple if years since I signed up.
2020 S: another Volcano Grey, 18" Macan Wheels +Spare, 14 way seats, ACC, Air Susp, PASM, Roof rails, Heated Screen & Front Seats, 75l tank, Comfort Lighting, PS+, Rev camera.
PNIX29HA ordered, 11 Jan 2022 @ Stockport.

Rarecolour
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Rarecolour » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:15 am

Would be interesting to know.
2021 Macan Turbo

Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post