Odd Question From OPC

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

davlewis wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:37 pm
Old Chimer wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:27 pm First thing I'd be asking is "pre-registered when?"

Bonuses are usually linked to a year/quarter/month end so seems odd to suggest a discount for what will still be a mid-month registration - unless someone accidentally registered it before the end of December!

Fair point, I will ask the question. Could be as they were really pushing for a December delivery before it was delayed?!
bobajob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:32 pm I've bought pre-regestered cars twice before with no issues and made a big saving. Only potential issue is that they car remains registered to the dealer for a number of months (can't remember how long - maybe 3) so for that period you are not the registered keeper. I explained this to the insurance company and they were fine with it. Just wanted to see the invoice as proof of purchase.
Yeah I would be fine with that, but I personally don’t think 1k is a big saving … might just be me?

Also if I did do it…. Should I still be paying the First year road fund @£1900 odd or as the second owner the normal £470ish
They could register it pay the £55 first reg fee and then SORN it rather than pay the first road tax. You would be the first to put it on the road. Definitely get that clear.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Presumably they pay the initial RFL. When ownership transfers to you then the car is relaxed at £470pa
andreas

Post by andreas »

Percymon wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:45 pm Presumably they pay the initial RFL. When ownership transfers to you then the car is relaxed at £470pa
I don't think that's the way it works. Surely there's a pro rata system?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

andreas wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:48 pm
Percymon wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:45 pm Presumably they pay the initial RFL. When ownership transfers to you then the car is relaxed at £470pa
Definitely starts to make sense if they do this - £1400 VED and then £1k from them so now up to a £2.4K discount. Just ask them to throw in a ceramic coating and starts to look attractive?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Jon A wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:51 pm
andreas wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:48 pm
Definitely starts to make sense if they do this - £1400 VED and then £1k from them so now up to a £2.4K discount. Just ask them to throw in a ceramic coating and starts to look attractive?
This is what I'd be looking at as a minimum, I bet they won't be expecting you to mention the reduced RFL license with you now being second owner :lol:
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

I think you will find that they are losing the £1400 VED in the deal with the £1k saving that you paid. First year VED not refundable on sale, well I didnt get any back when I sold my M5 after 11 months (£2200 VED!)

They want the sale to count as a new car sale and a used car sale. Two points with one vehicle. They wont be able to sell as a pre reg until at least 90 days old, even if you are using it.

I'm pretty sure the bosses at either Porsche UK or the dealership chain wont be happy with the approach, but I guess if you ask for £5k off you will see how keen they are to bend the rules....

Now can we work out from your old posts which OPC it is...?
pmg

Post by pmg »

Isleaiw wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:28 pm I think you will find that they are losing the £1400 VED in the deal with the £1k saving that you paid. First year VED not refundable on sale, well I didnt get any back when I sold my M5 after 11 months (£2200 VED!)

They want the sale to count as a new car sale and a used car sale. Two points with one vehicle. They wont be able to sell as a pre reg until at least 90 days old, even if you are using it.

I'm pretty sure the bosses at either Porsche UK or the dealership chain wont be happy with the approach, but I guess if you ask for £5k off you will see how keen they are to bend the rules....

especially as his OPC is part of Porsche Retail Group owned by Porsche!!! ;) ;) ;) or am I reading to much into that ;) ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
hood69

Post by hood69 »

An extra owner would mean very little when it comes to resale.
At 2K discount it would be worth it.
No chance they will be letting the first registration fee be refunded on top unless that bonus is particularly big.
If it was me I'd be asking for a Spyder allocation this year and at pre-price rise.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

pmg wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:43 pm
Isleaiw wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:28 pm I think you will find that they are losing the £1400 VED in the deal with the £1k saving that you paid. First year VED not refundable on sale, well I didnt get any back when I sold my M5 after 11 months (£2200 VED!)

especially as his OPC is part of Porsche Retail Group owned by Porsche!!! ;) ;) ;) or am I reading to much into that ;) ;) ;)
If that’s the case I’d expect it to be Porsche Guildford as they are dodgy as F***.
pmg

Post by pmg »

BanZ wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:18 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:43 pm

If that’s the case I’d expect it to be Porsche Guildford as they are dodgy as F***.
I think my hint was a bit too subtle ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8