Odd Question From OPC

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PorscheMack
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by PorscheMack » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:39 pm

I think the area of focus is will this car be worth more or less come resale time? Probably a little less but not more than you are going to save....

Cobnapint
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Cobnapint » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:43 pm

Well done sir...!

I don't think future buyers will be put off by the thought that it might have been a demo (even though it wasn't). There are thousands of ex-demos on our roads, many are being driven much harder now than they ever were on a test drive.

One question though - how did you manage to get the original 1.5% discount? I didn't think OPCs understood the word discount.

Sweetmeister
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:58 pm
Location: Cheshire

Post by Sweetmeister » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:51 pm

Nelladrahcir wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:31 pm
Sweetmeister wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:59 pm
Sorry, but I think you’re mad. But if you’re happy,that’s all that counts. Good luck.
Seriously? He's got free motoring for at least a year!!!
:?:


Seriously! I wouldn’t have done it, he has, his choice.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT`s.That’s all I’ve decided at the mo! :D

MacanSman
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by MacanSman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:12 pm

PorscheMack wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:39 pm
I think the area of focus is will this car be worth more or less come resale time? Probably a little less but not more than you are going to save....
Agree PorscheMack. It will make little, or no difference. It's still a 2021 Gen 3 model and still a 71 plate, irrespective of whether its registered in December or January with an additional owner.

Partysausage
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Partysausage » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:54 pm

The days of the number of owners on cars are nearly all gone imo.

Plenty of manufacturers are doing the same and registering cars to get their kickback (Land Rover for example). Also with more people providing finance for the cars instead of buying outright the days of ‘one owner’ are long gone.

Tracky
Posts: 2052
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:33 pm

Partysausage wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:54 pm
The days of the number of owners on cars are nearly all gone imo.

Plenty of manufacturers are doing the same and registering cars to get their kickback (Land Rover for example). Also with more people providing finance for the cars instead of buying outright the days of ‘one owner’ are long gone.
Agreed
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

BanZ
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by BanZ » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:44 pm

I think I’d subscribe to a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush here. I’d take today’s savings over a potential reduction in resale value which is unquantifiable atm. How did you haggle your initial 1.5% off out of interest?

Bluesnose1812
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:16 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Post by Bluesnose1812 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:14 pm

BanZ wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:44 pm
I think I’d subscribe to a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush here. I’d take today’s savings over a potential reduction in resale value which is unquantifiable atm. How did you haggle your initial 1.5% off out of interest?
davlewis wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:31 pm
Discounts are possible, I got 1.5% off. Not huge but not bad. All I did was say “any chance of a discount, coast to coast do 1% let me know”. They came back and said “we don’t have to, but we will beat that discount and give you 1.5% off the spec code I had given them. They were clear that if I made any changes after agreeing the discounted amount wouldn’t change in line with any increased value spec. If that makes sense?!
--
Locked for April 22
Macan S|Jet Black|Pano¦ Wndw Trm |14 way¦Vented¦Belts|Air¦75L¦PwrStrng+|LamnAcousPrivcy Glass|Surr self park|SLI ¦LCA¦ACC¦Ioniser|Heated¦W/Scrn¦GT S/Whl|BOSE|18" Spare|Boot Mat| http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLJR217

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post