111-point check pre Extended Warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

WIth a 111 point warranty booked in, does anyone have a list of what will be checked in order for an extended Porsche warranty to be issues?

I recall from an earlier post that they will check:

1. N rated tyres all around
2. Foam Sealant in not expired by is use by date.

Any others items that I can replace (if required) would be useful, thanks.

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

This should help with what they actually check on the car during the inspection.

https://www.porsche.lt/image/data/porsc ... points.pdf
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

The battery needs to be a Porsche branded unit, and correctly registered to the vehicle.

I've heard stories of the need for Porsche wiper blades too, BOSCH apparently are not worthy - maybe depends how anal the OPC are
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

Thanks very much MacanSman

Thanks Percymon.

The car was purchased and always serviced by OPC so I am taking it to the same OPC for the 111 point check. Hoping that there is nothing major.
Last edited by IMORTAL_Indian on Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

Tyres. All must be the same make and model and same N rating.
Any tyre that has previously been repaired and plugged will fail the 111 point inspection
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
andreas

Post by andreas »

PowerMalc wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:26 pm
Any tyre that has previously been repaired and plugged will fail the 111 point inspection
Not in my experience - my car sailed through the inspection.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
GTB

Post by GTB »

Inspection carried out by humans is only as good as that individual, their training, knowledge, experience and competancy and understanding of the pass/fail thresholds.
The "Quality" audit precedures applied by that individual OPC and presumably by Porsche UK or underwriters of the warranty cover. Should in theory be good enough and robust enough to capture any failings etc by the inspecting technician.

Looking at the 111 checkpoint form, its a tick box excersise! without knowing the "Quality" procedures behind the inspection, So the cynic in me says somebody at reception, ticks all the boxes, car in workshop for X hours, technician signs where required and do you really know how intrusive the inspection was.

I know in some inspection arenas, digital photos, videos are now very part of the inspection criteria so those records can be stored and retrieved if need be.

No doubt some technicians at some OPC's will play things exactly with the correct spirit of the procedure, some will be over cautious and some just not bother their backside depending on the mood they are in or the day of inspection. Vast majority will be fair but you always have both extremes at both ends unfortunately.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

GTB wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:58 pm Inspection carried out by humans is only as good as that individual, their training, knowledge, experience and competancy and understanding of the pass/fail thresholds.
The "Quality" audit precedures applied by that individual OPC and presumably by Porsche UK or underwriters of the warranty cover. Should in theory be good enough and robust enough to capture any failings etc by the inspecting technician.

Looking at the 111 checkpoint form, its a tick box excersise! without knowing the "Quality" procedures behind the inspection, So the cynic in me says somebody at reception, ticks all the boxes, car in workshop for X hours, technician signs where required and do you really know how intrusive the inspection was.

I know in some inspection arenas, digital photos, videos are now very part of the inspection criteria so those records can be stored and retrieved if need be.

No doubt some technicians at some OPC's will play things exactly with the correct spirit of the procedure, some will be over cautious and some just not bother their backside depending on the mood they are in or the day of inspection. Vast majority will be fair but you always have both extremes at both ends unfortunately.

GTB
And only as accurate as what they are presented with to inspect

- easy to borrow a set of wheels to get through an inspection if you're normally driving around on 22" non Porsche alloys fitted with wingwang ditchfinder tyres
- reset fault codes via OBD before handing the keys over etc etc.

At the end of the day, whilst some of the checks are a bit pedantic, any technician looking over a clean, serviced car isnt expecting to find much other than wear n tear items and potential leaks to report - i doubt they do some of the checks in reality, ticking the boxes based on overall condition etc
GTB

Post by GTB »

Percymon,

Totally agree with your thoughts, thats why a lot of organisations and inspection/insurance warranty people all taking the fotos/video etc of exactly what they were presented with, even I believe in the hire van and car buisness, RFD tags and other security marks being placed on certain engine parts and mechanical items as for some cheaper to hire a new van for the weekend or day, remove the parts you need and fit back your worn or dodgy parts, the normal vehichle walk round wont pick up on that leaving hire company with the problem and only being able to narrow things down to the last 10, 20, 100 whatever people that then hire the van.

Guess like all things its a balance between trust and honesty and those out to pull a fast one.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

The 111-point check was a smooth process.

Arrived to the OPC, they gave me an office to work in, the advisor came back and said they are happy to issue the warranty, but advised of the tyre sealant was out of date and the AC was not at its prime but said none of them are reasons for not passing the check.

Very happy with the overall experience. Even got told that the car is in fantastic condition.

B88B6F08-3585-4E69-8750-B90132F827F7.jpeg