Electric??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:57 pm Can’t help thinking the OP was a bit of click bait.

I agree, Jon. “...Gas Guzzling Tanks...” :o :roll: :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Have to say your history is worrying............................two?!!!!!!! and not even Ford or Audi
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I have to say it feels a bit like we've gone back 100 years in terms of propulsion options. Petrol, Electric and Steam power were all vying for supremacy and in the end ICE technology came out on top but not before many people had invested their hard earned on the others only to find they'd bought a pup.

While electric appears to be offering a serious alternative to the mainstream today I think this is a battle that has a long way to run and right now there doesn't seem to be a front runner let alone a clear winner yet. For that reason I'm sticking with ICE for the foreseeable future or at least until an alternative offers the same convenience and usability for a reasonable cost of ownership.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Alfie01

Post by Alfie01 »

The BMW i4 m50 is some car, I had the pleasure to drive one last week. Frightening fast but the range in real life is only about 240 not the 315 as stated. I am picking my Macan S gen 3 up in a few weeks but I must admit the I4 turned my head a bit.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Alfie01 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:48 pm The BMW i4 m50 is some car, I had the pleasure to drive one last week. Frightening fast but the range in real life is only about 240 not the 315 as stated. I am picking my Macan S gen 3 up in a few weeks but I must admit the I4 turned my head a bit.
We have to be honest with ourselves though if we put our foot down in a v6 Macan then they don’t do the 400ish miles they can do on a full tank - depending on how heavy your foot is might not even be close!(but might be a lot more fun ;))
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

BanZ wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:38 pm
Alfie01 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:48 pm The BMW i4 m50 is some car, I had the pleasure to drive one last week. Frightening fast but the range in real life is only about 240 not the 315 as stated. I am picking my Macan S gen 3 up in a few weeks but I must admit the I4 turned my head a bit.
We have to be honest with ourselves though if we put our foot down in a v6 Macan then they don’t do the 400ish miles they can do on a full tank - depending on how heavy your foot is might not even be close!(but might be a lot more fun ;))
But at least you can add another 400 mile range in 5 mins
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Did you see the article about the Guy from Finland. He had a problem with his car, a Tesla. The repair bill was supposed to be something like £22,000.
So instead he wrapped it up in Dynamite, and blew it up, rather than have the phenominal expense. I think it was a battery replacement that was needed.
That may be what an end of life battery replacement would cost.
That was a scary bill. A little bit more than what we could expect from our Macans, in the extreme.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Miopyk wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:54 pm I have to say it feels a bit like we've gone back 100 years in terms of propulsion options. Petrol, Electric and Steam power were all vying for supremacy and in the end ICE technology came out on top but not before many people had invested their hard earned on the others only to find they'd bought a pup.

While electric appears to be offering a serious alternative to the mainstream today I think this is a battle that has a long way to run and right now there doesn't seem to be a front runner let alone a clear winner yet. For that reason I'm sticking with ICE for the foreseeable future or at least until an alternative offers the same convenience and usability for a reasonable cost of ownership.
100% agree with that, I am very much on the same boat. The cost is not there yet, you need into 6 figures to do it right and we all know - taycan or IX. Not even to mention infrastructure - esp here in NI, diesel here is still king and my bro-in-law puts a strong argument for diesel over petrol, burning properties and the damage it does compared to petrol, then there is battery replacement / disposal etc.

Having another run in a D300 HSE Defender after much looking around and ruling lots out. Wife to see if she likes it.

On another note, my neighbour just purchased a lovely white R8 / V10 Quattro last week - some machine and that exhaust note, try replicating that in ‘leccy’
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The leccy car will never sound like a V10 but may well be a nicer sound than a diesel Landrover . Driving electric for a while does leave you feeling it makes a whole lot of sense and wondering why cars need noisy Diesel engines and gearboxes. Something very special and petrol may well be the exception to that.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

MCDK wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:07 pm The leccy car will never sound like a V10 but may well be a nicer sound than a diesel Landrover . Driving electric for a while does leave you feeling it makes a whole lot of sense and wondering why cars need noisy Diesel engines and gearboxes. Something very special and petrol may well be the exception to that.
lol, it’s actually very quiet considering, If we didn’t need more space - a new Gen 3 GTS would be the ticket. For all you boys that have ordered one, I am a wee bit jealous and yes I would go green!

Insider from various manufacturers - still too early for leccy 🤓 sshh I didn’t tell you that

Tax and rules have forced it.
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3