New to Porsche - a few Q's and help avoiding any 'surprises' of a financial nature.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Going back a few years many members here got their PCP quotes from Porsche and then tried other providers.

There was a large difference in the rates offered by the independent PCP provider, I am not sure of the one many used but think it was Oracle Finance and if they are still competitive is a moot point.

Sure others will know more than I on matters relating to PCP
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Deleted User 4607

Post by Deleted User 4607 »

I opted for a tow bar to hang my Santa Cruz CC off the back....never put a dirty MTB ,however valuable, in a Macan!!
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Plyphon wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:20 pm Nice one, thanks - great tip. I'll enquire when the SA gets back to me shortly.

Currently the quote I have got is valid for 30 days, so hopefully he doesn't try to raise that interest to 6.4% as above...!

Still no reply, but I'll give him a pass, he's no doubt got loads of GTS orders to work through ;)
The quote you have may well be valid for 30 days but you will not be implementing it before the 30 days are up, and cant see them holding it for you for over 12 months :( so I think it will be the interest rate current at time of purchase, which will be greater than 6.4% by then as we already know interest rates will continue to rise as stated already by the Bank of England
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I opted for a tow bar to hang my Santa Cruz CC off the back....never put a dirty MTB ,however valuable, in a Macan!!
Unfortunately in this here London if someone spots an expensive bike on the roof of your car they follow you home to pinch it later on - which is why I put mine inside the vehicle.

I don't know if I'm paranoid or what, but it feels safer at least. I have a 'system' with multiple tarpaulins and duvets wrapped around everything so no mud or scratches get onto the interior - bit of a faff but once you 'learn the system' you can wrap up two bikes fairly quickly and get them in and out with no mess.

I can get two bikes (Canyon Spectral and a Canyon Neuron), plus gear, change of clothes, food water backpacks etc etc in a tiny Audi S3 and without obscuring any view out the rear! So a Macan should be plain sailing.

The quote you have may well be valid for 30 days but you will not be implementing it before the 30 days are up, and cant see them holding it for you for over 12 months
This is true, I'll have to see what the chap says. If not, i'll try and max out a personal loan to bring it down.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Well, here you go folks - Last quarter of 2022, but 'may come forward slightly'. I'm okay with this for now, so going to get a deposit in and get patient!
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Plyphon wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:04 pm Well, here you go folks - Last quarter of 2022, but 'may come forward slightly'. I'm okay with this for now, so going to get a deposit in and get patient!
That is surprising, which OPC is that with ? A friend of mine inquired with South London about four weeks ago and has been dealing with them for years and was told earliest would be end of Q2 2023
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

West London Porsche in Chiswick! Interesting there is such a delta. This is my first, never even been to the place - just all over email. Though they did say they will arrange a test drive for me shortly which i'm very much looking forward too.
Wil

Post by Wil »

Just adding my 2 cents, ditch the torque vectoring, not worth it.
I’ve come to a macan gts from an E63 and I’m not disappointed by the performance, although it’s not lunatic fast like the AMG and the power is higher up the rev range than the merc.
Not having a pan roof will hurt the resale value, but if you’re giving it back that’s not an issue.
For carrying bikes I plan to get the tow bar mounted rack.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Plyphon wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:43 pm West London Porsche in Chiswick! Interesting there is such a delta. This is my first, never even been to the place - just all over email. Though they did say they will arrange a test drive for me shortly which i'm very much looking forward too.
Thanks, I'm sure there is a couple of others on here have had deposits down for quite a while and were quoted Q1/Q2 2023 for GTS delivery. But as you say it does very quite a lot between OPC's. Lets hope its not just salesman talk to get the order and the nearer the time its not continually told there is delays taking you well in to 2023. Good luck.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Yeh lets hope so - I mean, he didn't exactly have to work hard to get the order- grand total of 5 emails :lol:
Not a comment on the SE - these things sell themselves! Must be a nice position to be in.
Just adding my 2 cents, ditch the torque vectoring, not worth it.
I’ve come to a macan gts from an E63 and I’m not disappointed by the performance, although it’s not lunatic fast like the AMG and the power is higher up the rev range than the merc.
Not having a pan roof will hurt the resale value, but if you’re giving it back that’s not an issue.
For carrying bikes I plan to get the tow bar mounted rack.
Yeh, i've binned the torque vectoring. Love AMG cars but as you say, even more unusable on public roads.
Yeh I might add the tow bar option closer to the time. Ive got the roof rails also. One day I will leave London and not have to worry so much about someone following me home to nick the bikes.

I cant understand the pano thing - what with the stories of the gutters filling up and the thing breaking etc. Not fussed on resale, if this is the last V6 GTS then I can't see them losing too much value for a while.