Another arrival

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Atlantis wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:32 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:26 am Looks good. Would have had Volcano but I had it on my last Macan. I probably should have specced the GT Steering wheel as whilst the standard wheel looks nice I think that on balance I prefer the fatter rim on the GT wheel. I could have also dropped the power steering plus as the car I drove at Silverstone did not have it and was light enough at manoeuvring speeds ( think the lighter engine on the 2.0, lighter suspension parts and 20” wheels now negate the need for PS Plus - I previously had the 3.0 diesel and 21” wheels plus the gen 1 suspension and preferred PS plus).
The GT steering wheel was a last minute addition on spec lockdown day. I saw someone on here take delivery of a Gen 3 and praising it so that influenced my decision. On the configurator, it’s really hard to see the difference between standard and GT.
The GT steering wheel looks very similar but has a thicker rim and may have a smaller diameter.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

PMS888 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:56 pm Me too, got 2 car seats in the back also. It’s pricey (£30 each) but I would recommend the Porsche backseat cover. Excellent quality and customised fit. I’ve brought some from eBay in the past but they didn’t stand the test of time. Had mine for 3 months so far and still looking like new.
I have a couple of generic backseat covers that I transferred across from the wife’s previous car but didn’t realise that Porsche did custom fit ones. Will take a look, thanks!